We really enjoyed our stay at Tenaya Lodge, The room was ample size; I mean you are not coming to Yosemite to spend all your time in your hotel room. It was a little dark but had all the amenities you needed and was very clean and comfortable. Someone asked us when we got back to the UK if we had seen the snake signs on the back of the doors; apparently they had come back after a day out to find one in the corner... Eeeek glad we didn’t see that when were there but we are in the middle of the forest!
The pool was lovely with two huge hot tubs one which children were not permitted in which was great. The loungers around the pool were really comfy and there were plenty of them. The cocktails were delicious however very moreish so a little snooze around the pool enjoying the hot sunshine was needed. But the pool area was a real delight.
We ate in both restaurants - the more informal one was pretty average at most. It was amusing that they had one person to book your table, one person to take you to your table, another to bring you water another to take your order and another to bring your food, slight staff overkill but they were all very pleasant and super friendly so it isn’t an issue, glad the hotel are employing local people… 100% better than those miserable faces on the reception. The food was ok nothing great which was disappointing given the price of the food.
We also ate in the a la carte restaurant which I must say was excellent. Although slightly more expensive but not by much….. we wish we had eaten here every night . The quality of food and wine was better and the service was also good although we felt this was good in the more informal restaurant anyway.
I can really recommend the flambé dessert and the $15 coffee.. What a performance and you can tell that the waiter really enjoys making them at your table he took real pride and really made that meal for us.. We really enjoyed this part of the stay very much I am sure the couple of bottles of wine fuelled our excitement but it was a great end to our stay
The downside was the concierge, in all my years I haven’t had such an unhelpful concierge. We booked a tour from the UK prior to arriving via the hotel website and when we arrived we were unsure as to where the tour went from, the details we had received were not very clear. Most tours tend to go from the hotel but we had to wait until the concierge was open in the morning and when we asked where to go for the tour we were told an hour away.. In the end we missed the tour. When we got there, the Yosemite Village staff couldn’t have been more obliging and immediately refunded our money being very apologetic and we actually had a better time doing the tour ourselves and not being herded with other people.. Seeing everything at our own pace etc.
The reception staff, the ladies in particular, were downright unfriendly and quite rude.. I would recommend some training needed or perhaps a job outside that with a customer service focus - So much for a warm welcome. They could take a leaf out of the junior staff in the restaurant.
Overall I would recommend this hotel as we couldn’t really fault it.
- Also Known As:
- Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Fish Camp
- Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite Hotel
- Tenaya Lodge
- Tenaya Hotel Fish Camp
- Tenaya Hotel At Yosemite
- Tenaya Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Tenaya Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 48 acres in the southern High Sierra and just 2 miles from Yosemite, the Four-Diamond Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite offers easy access to all of Yosemite’s most alluring attractions and all the amenities expected from a luxury resort property. Tenaya boasts comfortable and spacious accommodations, Ascent – a luxurious 10,000 sq.foot spa, steam room, sauna, fitness room, three pools, five dining options, all-season recreation and a full-service concierge to help you plan your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.