Staying at Tenaya Lodge is not cheap. We stayed a week, and it accounted for half of our 2 week trip budget, including airfare and car. And the Tenaya lodge suffers from a few of the afflictions of many luxury hotels. They charge for internet access. Their selection of TV channels is limited. There are no microwaves in the rooms, and the mini fridges are truly mini. That said, our week there was a great pleasure, and WE'LL STAY THERE AGAIN WITHOUT HESITATION!
First and foremost, the staff are exceptional! Virtually every hotel staff member smiled every time they saw us. They were extremely accomodating without making a big deal of it. For example, when a guest took a glass bottle to the pool deck a staff member showed up with a cup for them to use instead. Also, I can't tell you how many times I was asked, "Can I do anything else for you?" I also heard, "Take all the time you want," many times, and it always felt genuine. The room was clean. The common areas were clean. The pool towels were plentiful, clean and luxurious.
We ate several times at Jackalopes. The innside dining was lovely, but eating outside by the fire pit was particularly nice on a cool Fall evening. There are many delicious dishes there, but we especially recommend the fried calamari.
We stayed in ealy October, and we also recommend that time for a visit to the hotel and to Yosemite Park. The crowds are greatly reduced, the weather is cooler, and the colors are wonderful.
No hotel has no problems, but the issues we had were minor and the staff resolved them quickly and in the friendliest possile manner. They also double checked afterwards to be certain that we were satisfied with the resolution. As a manager in the service iindustry, I am greatly impressed.
- Also Known As:
- Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Fish Camp
- Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite Hotel
- Tenaya Lodge
- Tenaya Hotel Fish Camp
- Tenaya Hotel At Yosemite
- Tenaya Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Tenaya Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 48 acres in the southern High Sierra and just 2 miles from Yosemite, the Four-Diamond Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite offers easy access to all of Yosemite’s most alluring attractions and all the amenities expected from a luxury resort property. Tenaya boasts comfortable and spacious accommodations, Ascent – a luxurious 10,000 sq.foot spa, steam room, sauna, fitness room, three pools, five dining options, all-season recreation and a full-service concierge to help you plan your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.