“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This being my first B & B, I was a little apprehensive but from the moment we entered Big Creek Inn I knew I had made an outstanding selection. Every detail to make stay memorable was present in a restful relaxing environment. The suggestions in planning our day allowed us to maximize our short time and experience the majesty of Yosemite. Our thanks to Pamela and John for awesome hospitality and accommodations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Lancashire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I can only echo all the glowing reviews by others. Pamela and John are exceptional inn keepers with nothing being too much trouble.
Their knowledge of the area and suggestions as to what to see and in which order saved us hours of needless backtracking,
You will not find a better place to stay in Yosemite.

La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Innkeepers Pamela and John are really warm and wonderful people who went out of their way to make us feel both welcomed and well informed about Yosemite. The accomodations were impeccable. This Bed and Breakfast was a real find. I know of no better way to see the Yosemite National Park area. Our thanks to Pamela and John for all of their hard work. Erick and Talene.

Room Tip: The south side entrance via highway 41 is in our opinion the best way to see both the Yosemite Valle...
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We recently spent three nights at the Big Creek Inn, a lovely B&B just two miles from the entrance to Yosemite. The rooms were lovely and the owners were extremely helpful as we planned our park visits. We chose this B&B because of the outstanding Trip Advisor reviews and the reasonable price. The breakfast was very nice with fresh fruit and other goodies and there were snacks and beverages available at all times. Each room has a balcony with a table and chairs so a great location for enjoying a bottle of wine after a day of hiking in the park. The beautiful bathrooms leave nothing to be desired!

Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We are on a trip through California and are staying at various hotels and b&bs. The Big Creek Inn is a fantastic place. Just outside Yosemite, it has rooms to the standard of a high quality hotel. They are beautifully finished and decorated. Our room is split level and has a walk in wardrobe, separate bath/shower room and toilet and a balcony and another large window. It also has an entrance hall and a kind of lobby area, so it is a suite rather than a room. There is state of the art DVD equipment and similar for the tv. The room also boasts a great easy to use stove.

The bed is large and superbly comfortable and this is a lovely, clean, comfortable place to stay. Our hosts are great and gave us lots of good suggestions for where to go inYosemite. Pamela even lent us a cooled rucksack to carry our lunch, which consisted of a packed lunch made in the local store, which is within short walking distance.

Breakfast is really nice, with something for all tastes. There is bread, english muffins and bagels and yoghurts, fresh fruit, eggs, Canadian bacon, homemade scones and cakes, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee or other drinks and lots more, all spread out as a large, fresh and enticing buffet.

My husband and I love it here and would definitely return

Fairfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at Yosemite Big Creek Inn in Fish Camp. The trip was prompted by my husband wanting to visit Yosemite for his birthday. Pamela and John are super inn keepers. Big Creek Inn is immaculate, spacious, and tastefully decorated. Pamela's knowledge of Yosemite is extensive. She knows just what hikes/sights are appropriate for every couple's experience. John is a master craftsman, and his handy work is visible throughout the home. We truly enjoyed our stay there!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I needed a weekend getaway from Los Angeles, to rest and focus on some client work. I've been to Yosemite before, so I was looking for a quiet, clean B&B to hole up for a couple of days. I was so impressed with Big Creek Inn! My room, the Merced, was impeccably appointed, super-clean, and so inviting. I went right out onto my private balcony and took in the beautiful scenery all around the property. I took a long bath in the big tub, and just relished the tranquility.

After an amazing night's sleep, the next morning I was expecting a basic breakfast of dried goods and maybe a muffin. I was overwhelmed, however, with the choices laid out before me! Pam and John, the innkeepers, go to great lengths to meet your needs. They had such a variety that over the two mornings I was there for breakfast, I didn't have the same thing twice. Very tasty!

I focused on my clients' projects for a few hours and then wanted to get out for a short hike. Pam had great suggestions for some nearby trails, and while on one of the hikes she'd suggested, it was clear she knew her trails well, and had first-hand knowledge to provide to her guests. Overall, I thought this was a wonderful place to get away from it all, and plan to come back to Big Creek Inn for a longer trip the next chance I get.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Merced - which has the two double beds. A great option for a solo traveler, or for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Yosemite Big Creek Inn? Share your experiences!