“Great Spot When Visiting Yosemite” 5 of 5 stars

Yosemite Conservancy
Ranked #2 of 4 Fish Camp B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Great Spot When Visiting Yosemite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We recently spent three nights at the Big Creek Inn, a lovely B&B just two miles from the entrance to Yosemite. The rooms were lovely and the owners were extremely helpful as we planned our park visits. We chose this B&B because of the outstanding Trip Advisor reviews and the reasonable price. The breakfast was very nice with fresh fruit and other goodies and there were snacks and beverages available at all times. Each room has a balcony with a table and chairs so a great location for enjoying a bottle of wine after a day of hiking in the park. The beautiful bathrooms leave nothing to be desired!

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We are on a trip through California and are staying at various hotels and b&bs. The Big Creek Inn is a fantastic place. Just outside Yosemite, it has rooms to the standard of a high quality hotel. They are beautifully finished and decorated. Our room is split level and has a walk in wardrobe, separate bath/shower room and toilet and a balcony and another large window. It also has an entrance hall and a kind of lobby area, so it is a suite rather than a room. There is state of the art DVD equipment and similar for the tv. The room also boasts a great easy to use stove.

The bed is large and superbly comfortable and this is a lovely, clean, comfortable place to stay. Our hosts are great and gave us lots of good suggestions for where to go inYosemite. Pamela even lent us a cooled rucksack to carry our lunch, which consisted of a packed lunch made in the local store, which is within short walking distance.

Breakfast is really nice, with something for all tastes. There is bread, english muffins and bagels and yoghurts, fresh fruit, eggs, Canadian bacon, homemade scones and cakes, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee or other drinks and lots more, all spread out as a large, fresh and enticing buffet.

My husband and I love it here and would definitely return

Fairfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at Yosemite Big Creek Inn in Fish Camp. The trip was prompted by my husband wanting to visit Yosemite for his birthday. Pamela and John are super inn keepers. Big Creek Inn is immaculate, spacious, and tastefully decorated. Pamela's knowledge of Yosemite is extensive. She knows just what hikes/sights are appropriate for every couple's experience. John is a master craftsman, and his handy work is visible throughout the home. We truly enjoyed our stay there!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I needed a weekend getaway from Los Angeles, to rest and focus on some client work. I've been to Yosemite before, so I was looking for a quiet, clean B&B to hole up for a couple of days. I was so impressed with Big Creek Inn! My room, the Merced, was impeccably appointed, super-clean, and so inviting. I went right out onto my private balcony and took in the beautiful scenery all around the property. I took a long bath in the big tub, and just relished the tranquility.

After an amazing night's sleep, the next morning I was expecting a basic breakfast of dried goods and maybe a muffin. I was overwhelmed, however, with the choices laid out before me! Pam and John, the innkeepers, go to great lengths to meet your needs. They had such a variety that over the two mornings I was there for breakfast, I didn't have the same thing twice. Very tasty!

I focused on my clients' projects for a few hours and then wanted to get out for a short hike. Pam had great suggestions for some nearby trails, and while on one of the hikes she'd suggested, it was clear she knew her trails well, and had first-hand knowledge to provide to her guests. Overall, I thought this was a wonderful place to get away from it all, and plan to come back to Big Creek Inn for a longer trip the next chance I get.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Merced - which has the two double beds. A great option for a solo traveler, or for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

when my partner said that he had booked a bed and breakfast in Yosemite, I was expecting something comfortable and clean but didn't expect the Big Creek Inn.
Pam and John have put alot of thought into their property and were fantastic hosts.
The bedrooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, making it feel like you have rented a house and not just a room. Outside the rooms on the landing you have 2 huge shelves of DVDs, a fridge with complimentary soft drinks, complimentary sweet jar and coffee making facilities. Each morning Pam would have the coffee made and waiting for you from 6am which meant we would grab a cup and sit on our balcony watching the humming birds. There's a great choice for breakfast with muffins, fruit, bagels, oatmeal etc and Pam and John will sit and chat with you, recommending places to visit, offering to book restaurants and providing maps and directions.
The south gates to Yosemite is just a short drive (leave early to avoid the traffic in Summer) and it's worth spending a day at Bass Lake (recommended by Pam). Oakhurst is about 13 miles away but we ate at the resort hotel just up the road (average) and the Narrow Gauge Inn (Amazing) We wish we could have stayed longer here, and would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling to Yosemite. Thank You

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very beautiful and extremely comfortable B&B. Coffee, tea, refridgerator, microwave, hundreds of dvd's available all the time. Lush verdant setting.Very gracious and friendly hosts. Delicious and filling breakfast. Short drive to South park entrance. We recommend it highly.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms. I'm sure they are all good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This B&B is just fantastic. Great rooms (we stayed in the Mariposa room)...super clean spacious and comfortable. Great view from the deck. Pamela and John were excellent hosts. They gave helpful advice about what to see and do in Yosemite and told interesting stories about the area. Many pleasant little extras were provided such as a pitcher of ice water at the end of the day, fresh brewed coffee in the morning, and snacks in a common room upstairs. The hosts were attentive to our every need...they even provided a computer print out of information about the "Perseid Meteor Shower" which was taking place at the time we were there and left it on the table in our room. They told us about a convenience store that sold great sandwiches for us to take on our hike and loaned us an insulated back pack so our food would stay cold during the hike. They provided high quality soap and shampoo, and even provided Q-tips and cotton balls! Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The location is two miles from the south entrance of the park in the town of Fish Camp. We stayed there two nights and wished we'd booked a third. When we go back we will definitely stay at Big Creek Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Yosemite Big Creek Inn? Share your experiences!