“Clean, comfortable, would recommend.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Firebaugh
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean, comfortable, would recommend.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here one night in August on our way home to WA from Disneyland. We just needed a hotel off of the freeway to sleep at and then leave in the morning. I looked at the reviews and there really only were a couple hotels to choose from. This one had the best reviews. It was perfect for what we needed. It was clean, comfortable, right off of I5, the kids went swimming in the pool which was clean, the continental breakfast was good. This hotel was nothing spectacular, but for most people staying here in the middle of no where off of I5, are probably just sleeping and then leaving. I would recommend this hotel, I had no complaints.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I am seriously doubting the negative reviews about this location. The bottom line is, that this is a clean Hotel, with very nice rooms.

This Hotel is in a very busy travel stop in the middle of nowhere. Restaurant on one end of the parking lot, Mickey D’s and gas station across the street. Another burger joint and gas stations across the main road. I didn’t try the restaurant, so I can’t comment, and the Food Market next door was closed for remodeling.

Staff was friendly.
All rooms have outside entrances. Clean carpeting, clean linens, and room smelled fresh. Bed was firm, like I prefer, and I slept very well. Microwave, fridge, and Guest Laundry on site.

I was impressed with the work area. Somewhat small desk, but more electrical outlets than I could ever think of using. Plugged in my Computer, all my gadgets & chargers, and still had a butt load of outlets left over. Hard wired Internet. About 20 TV Channels were OK. Enough to watch, and not get bored.

Because I had to travel about 45 minutes to my job site, I was pleasantly surprised to find breakfast ready at 5:00am. This fit into my schedule perfectly. Breakfast was basic, but OK.

I had a room in the front that was surprisingly quiet for the amount of 24 hour traffic around me. I would consider this as a great little travel stop,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Firebaugh, Manager at BEST WESTERN Apricot Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs the next time you are in the Firebaugh area.
Camarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Clean, comfortable, a little dated, but sanitary. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Our room was on the backside, away from the freeway & quiet enough. Comfortable bed. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We recently spent the night here on our way from Northern California to Arizona. We used their very simple, user friendly website to book ahead. The reception was welcoming and friendly,and although we arrived a little early, our room was ready. We had a ground floor room at the rear of the building, with a king size bed. Despite the sun shining on the room, the AC coped just fine & kept us nice & cool (unlike one nameless motel encountered a week earlier). So it was cool, clean, quiet & dog friendly. Internet was available in the room using a cable & was lightening fast, if you want wireless though then you need to go to the lobby.

Will we go back ? Definitely, when we pass again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lakeport, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The desk staff we met when we checked in was kind, helpful, and very service oreinted.
Our room had two queen size beds, a small refer, micro wave and coffee pot. It was located near the pool on the ground floor much to the delight of my grand daughter!
The beds were clean, comfortable and all that we could ask for. We were asked for an additional $20 fee for our dog, well worth the expence to have our dog with us.
The pool was fenced and we were able to take our dog to the pool area, along with other pet owners.
We did not use room servie or eat the offered breakfast fare, or the internet, there was no spa but non was offered.

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be clean, but check in earlier rather than late to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Just spent the night there on long drive home. My friend and I arrived about midnight and recieved a decent ground floor room with two beds for a reasonable price under $100.00. Room and bath were all clean. We got up in the morning to late to enjoy the breakfast, but there were still a few rolls left. The only thing that I saw that didn't please me was a cochroach out side the room on the walk way. I hate to kill things, but needless to say, he didn't live long.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Firebaugh, Manager at BEST WESTERN Apricot Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Glad you enjoyed your stay! As for the roach outside the room, the Terminex man said they are Oriental Roaches, that live outside in the dirt and they are trying to get in somewhere cool. Terminex comes once a month and sprays the perimeter of the outside of building to keep them out of the rooms.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I don't know what else to say about this place except they need to hire better cleaning staff. When I stayed here it was when I was on my way from Washington state heading to San Diego so I had to find somewhere to stay to avoid falling asleep at the wheel. I wish I had drove a little bit further to find a hotel because this one was vile. The room itself seemed clean, however, take a closer look, the sheets were dirty and there were dead bugs and live bugs in the sheets. To make matters MUCH worse I don't know if there was stale water or what to attract mosquitoes but lets just say there were at least 20 mosquitoes in the room. I tried killing a bunch but there were still more. Adding fuel to the fire, the light above the sink didn't work. The sole redeeming quality of this dive of a hotel was the front desk clerk was nice. Don't stay here unless you want to wake up flea, mosquito or spider bitten and you must want to sleep in filthy sheets. I know it's a barren stretch out there but keep on driving, you will be thankful you did.

• Stayed August 2010
Firebaugh, Manager at BEST WESTERN Apricot Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, only with your feedback can we improve our service to all our guests.

Been to BEST WESTERN Apricot Inn? Share your experiences!