“Not tidy and too loud” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fillmore
United States
“Not tidy and too loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel was a disappointment. Rooms smelled and were not tidy - we slept in our clothes ... There was other guest who were hanging out their rooms and parting - we tried to call front desk and no one answered. We were there for a funeral and needed a good place to stay - instead, we were very uncomfortable. We would not stay in this hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Whitehorse, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Being on the road we stopped without a reservation and asked for a room. The 2 ladies, one of them the owner, were not overly friendly but o.k..

When we got in the room it seemed to be clean and it was large. The internet only worked for my husbands laptop, not my i-pad for unknown reasons, but again, o.k., we could live with that and for only one night I was fine.

Until I turned back the cover sheets of the bed. there was a stain and short, black hair in the middle of the bed. I called the Front Desk immediately and told the lady (the owner) that i needed new sheets and why. She showed up about 5 min. later and started to "inspect" the bed. She said, she couldn't see anything so i pointed stain and hair out for her.
After blaming the laundry company (I think housekeeping is to blame for not changing the sheets) she asked me to put the hair in her palm (!!!) since she still couldn't see it. I was grossed out but put a couple in her hands (and sanitized right afterwards); she then went outside, got rid of the hair and said "well, it's all good now". I insisted on new sheets, which we got, but I never felt "clean" in this hotel after. Therefore skipped the breakfast in the morning.

Needless to stay I wouldn't stay here again, ever.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gloria g, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN la Posada Motel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
DATE: 12/02/2013
Best Western/La Posada Motel
Gloria G

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western/ La Posada. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I'v investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again.

Gloria Guerrero

GLORIA G

Travelers are raving about these Fillmore hotels

Occidental, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After comparing reviews with cheaper motels, I elected to spend a bit more. By going to the Best Western website I got a 20% discount. It was a basic motel room that was roomy, comfortable with a refrigerator and microwave and free internet. The TV was nice with HBO. The screen was large and it could be turned so you could watch it from the bathtub. The bathroom (toilet and tub) was small but usable. The water for the bathtub came out very hot (the way I like it) if you let it run a bit. I thought the room was a great value and I would stay there again. It was close to a busy street, but the A/C masked the noise and I slept soundly. Plenty of fast food choices across the street and two supermarkets and other shopping within a block. Nice visit overall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an OK place to stay if you are in the area, but I do not see many reasons to be in the area. The hotel is also quite expensive. When we arrived the bathroom window was left open. The result was that there was dust everywhere in the room especially in the bathroom. Except from that the rooms are fine.
The hotel provides a basic but good breakfast. The hotel has a pool and a hot tub (also filled with sand).
The area seems quite deserted and boring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was adequate for what we needed, a place to spend the night. The bed was reasonably comfortable, and the room was clean. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was typical for a Best Western, nothing special: hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, toast and pastries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have always enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and very comfortable, only complaint I have is the Jacuzzi was cold...It was clean as well as the pool, but cold...I like my hot tubs to be at least 98.6. Not sure if it was because if was summer, but could have been hotter! I think the pool water was warmer. Overall though, safe, comfortable, quiet. Would recommend to others!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN la Posada Motel? Share your experiences!