“Absolutely Charming!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Fawnskin to your Saves list
Tingo.com Travelocity
The Inn at Fawnskin
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   880 Canyon Rd., PO Box 378, Fawnskin, CA 92333   |
Special Rate
3rd Night Free anytime!
Ranked #1 of 2 Fawnskin B&B and Inns
Canyon Lake, California
“Absolutely Charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just visited the Inn for the first time this past weekend. Bill and Nancy treated us like family and instantly we felt comfortable. My fiancé and I had the best Apple Dutch Pancakes for breakfast that Nancy made herself!

The Inn is very well taken care of. I would recommend this Inn to anyone who plans on going up the mountain, you won't stay anywhere else!

We plan on having our wedding there this Summer.

Briana & Dean

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much Briana for writing a review for us! We really appreciate everyone who goes out of their way to compliment our Inn. Bill and I are really looking forward to making your wedding everything you hope for, and more!

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Burbank
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked a trip through Living Social about a month prior, and were so excited to see all that this Inn (and Big Bear) had to offer. Having not stayed at a B&B before, I had some hesitations, as I've never shared a living space while on vacation. Upon arrival, all my worries flew out the window. Nancy greeted us with Heidi (the "drug sniffing dog", according to Nancy ;) at the door and showed us around the main area, which was absolutely charming; lovely antiques all around, and such character throughout the home. After checking in, Nancy introduced us to Bill, and showed us to our room, The Garden Suite, which was located on the first floor.

As I said before, I had some preconceptions of what to expect from a B&B- stuffy furnishings, small rooms, and over the top frilliness. Our room (and the whole place, for that matter) was the exact opposite. My boyfriend commented that it felt like we were staying in the guest room of a wealthy relative's cozy log cabin. It's clear that Nancy and Bill take pride in furnishing the rooms, even providing a list of information on the various antiques throughout the house. They also provide restaurant suggestions and important numbers, which we found extremely helpful. We also enjoyed reading the lovely comments and thoughts from people who had stayed in the room prior to us.

We loved Nancy's amazing breakfast on our first day- Croissant French Toast with slivered almonds and real maple syrup (Bill told us which state it came from, but I have sadly forgotten) and "cowboy bacon". I won't tell you what it is; you'll just have to visit and try it. :) Two other couples were also staying at the Inn, and we had a great time chatting with them at breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised to meet such nice strangers, and was thankful that Nancy and Bill knew how to help guide the conversation throughout the meal. We were able to get ski passes from Nancy at a discounted rate, which was fantastic, and visited the rental shop they suggested for ski gear, where we also received a discount!

After a day of skiing, a lovely dinner, and a nice soak in the amazing jacuzzi tub, we went to bed. Unfortunately, due to a middle of the night trip to the emergency room because of what turned out to be a painful ear infection and the subsequent nausea from the prescribed antibiotics, we were unable to have breakfast with the rest of the guests on our second and final morning. Nancy and Bill were kind enough to grant us a late check out so we could sleep a bit more before our long drive home (we hadn't returned from the emergency room until after the sun rose). Nancy graciously made some oatmeal and chamomile tea and brought it to our room to help with the nausea. How incredibly thoughtful!

We will most definitely be back as soon as possible. Nancy, Bill and Heidi are incredible, and the Inn is beyond measure. I highly recommend the Garden Suite. Also, take time to explore the outdoor area of the grounds, as you will find some real treasures out there!

Room Tip: The Garden Suite was THE best. Huge tub for two, cozy fireplace, and an enormous bed with the softes...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review! We were so worried about your husband and his ear infection, and I am glad you still had a nice time. We really appreciate your taking the time to write a review, and hope to see you both again before too long, when you can REALLY enjoy yourselves!
Moundville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

With all that is going on at Big Bear right now with the police looking for Christopher Dorner, I decided I would look in on the Faunskin Inn. Staying there one weekend in Sept. 2007 for my son Ty and daughter in law Chelsea's wedding, was a trip of a lifetime for this Alabama country girl. Nancy and Bill were so gracious and the breakfasts they served were outstanding. I have kept in touch now and then and have gotten to see some beautiful snow pics. I pray all is well with you and that you are safe during all this search for Dorner. Although it was many years ago I had to choose a date....it was Sept. 8th and 9th 2007

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful. We had the whole inn to ourselves as a family for the wedding
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Rita,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I so enjoyed spending time with you during the busy wedding, and have thought of you often. Everyone is fine here...just glad the drama is over. Hope to see you again one day! Much love, Nancy and Bill
Fawnskin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We got a deal for this place on a Friday morning and decided, spur-of-the-moment to come up. We were delighted with what we found! The inn is adorable and the couple who runs it are very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and we will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2013
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Julie,
Thanks so much for your review! Bill and I really enjoyed meeting you and John, and we are so glad you decided on your impromptu trip! Sometimes those are the best! We look forward to seeing you again, and appreciate your taking the time to write a review for us!
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We came for our son's wedding in Big Bear village, arrived late because of snow up the mountain and Bill met at the door and was great! The breakfasts were wonderful but the conversation after breakfast was even better. They helped plan the rest of our getaway down on the central California coast with the help of other guest. Also, the wedding was outside in 13 degree weather and Nancy helped my wife out with an extra parka to keep her warm. The room was awesome and the hospitality was great. Thanks for a wonderful weekend.
Greg & Sandy

Room Tip: They are all great but the fireplace in the lakeview room is awesome
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Greg and Sandy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Inn! Bill and I really enjoyed meeting you both and chatting at breakfast. It's our favorite time of the day to get to know our guests, and hear all the interesting stories about what they are up to! I'm glad I could help keep Sandy warm at the ceremony...that was a cold day! Warmest thanks to you both! Nancy
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a beautiful property in an amazing location. The owners are friendly, welcoming and helpful. They keep fresh baked cookies and hot tea out all of the time, and provide an incredible breakfast every morning. The B&B is right on the lake, and conveniently located right outside of Big Bear. Our weekend was a refreshing oasis thanks to the Inn at Fawnskin. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. Bill and I really appreciate your taking the time to let others know you enjoyed our Bed and Breakfast.
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn. We went in late January 2011, so there was plenty of snow. It was really quite majestic. Bill and Nancy (hosts) are really great people, and Nancy can cook - let me tell you! The rooms were very cute, large bathrooms, comfy beds. I always recommend the Inn to friends looking for a socal getaway!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Shannon,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn! We loved chatting with you at breakfast, and getting to know you! We look forward to your next visit!
Warm regards,
Nancy and Bill

Been to The Inn at Fawnskin? Share your experiences!