“Save Your Money & Go Somewhere Else!!!!! Thieves here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Fallbrook

You added Rodeway Inn Fallbrook to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Fallbrook
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1635 South Mission Road, Fallbrook, CA 92028 (Formerly Franciscan Inn & BW)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
“Save Your Money & Go Somewhere Else!!!!! Thieves here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

So I stood here last minute with a friend and took only what they had available which was a single bed. As we came into the room we seen a sofa bed and was thrill to see that. When we opened it to sleep, NO SHEETS!!! What the heck is this?... So we called the front desk to see if we could get some sheets for the sofa bed and they wanted an extra charge for that. Ar you kidding me? I have NEVER gone to a hotel where they charge for extra sheets where there is suppose to be at. They nickel and dime you for everything and STEAL YOUR belongings if you leave them behind. I happened to leave my pillow used for medical purposes as we checked out and about an hour later, we call to go back and pick it up. But then Susie, the owner, said she would call me back. Several hours had passed and no call back. WOW!! I called back and she said the housekeeper was no longer there, to call back the next day at noon. So the next day I called again only for Susie to be completely upset and unhelpful towards helping me recover my pillow that I desperately need. The customer service is HORRENDOUS!!! Nonetheless, they ARE THEIVES!!!!
Save your time and money. They are several other hotels/motels near by with quality rooms and customer service. I don't understand how these people are still in business.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Bernardino, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

It's good for the price. It's a TWO STAR place, you can't expect a lot but it's good. The room was clean and the three of us had a good night's sleep while staying there. The staff was nice and helpful to us since we were from out of town and didn't know where the wedding reception location was. She printed out directions to help us find the location. As the title states, I would come back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lincolnton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed while visiting my brother who lives in town and the room was nice and convenient with exterior entrance. Flat screen tv was awesome but channels were not all programmed or limited selection. Breakfast was terrible white bread, english muffins, 2 dry cereals, and Tang (not Orange juice). If I have to return and stay in area it is one of only two choices I saw in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The savings is not worth the room. We arrived late at night, exhausted from a long drive and I went in to pay for the room and check in. We had reservations and he informed me that we didn't and then I found out that he had deleted my reservations because a card I only use to hold the room did not go through. I told him that I always pay cash and that he is not authorized to run the credit card until I show up or if I do not show up until past my reservation time. I paid for the room and gave him my debit card as requested and drove to my room. As I was grabing my stuff he showed up at the room yelling at me to give him another five bucks because there was two of us, which he never asked when I checked in how many were there for the room. As a result, of his rude behavior and a matter of principle we told him to refund us the money for the room and we would go elsewhere. I drove back to the lobby as he called my boyfriend names and even was saying horrible things about his grandmother. He is foul mouthed and should not be in business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Don’t ever stay here!!!! My wife and I stayed at the Roadway Inn this past weekend while we were attending a wedding and I couldn’t believe how rude and unfriendly the staff was in the front office. When I first called to make a reservation I quoted a price of $76.00 per-night, which included a discount for all those attending the wedding. When I arrived I was given a price of $116.00. I asked why and the person at the front desk told me he made a mistake and charged me the wrong price because he got me mixed with someone else of the same last name. I was told not worry because he’ll fix it and to call him at the front desk later to confirm that everything was taken care of. When back later that night and spoke with the same guy who checked me in he said that he wasn’t able to do anything that I was getting a great rate and he couldn’t do anything about. I tried to explain to him what happened and he kept cutting me and asking me if I had nothing better to do than call him during a wedding to complain about prices for a room. He then said it must be a pretty boring wedding if I time to call him. Every time I tried to explain to him what the problem was that he checked me in under a different rate he would cut off and tell me he won’t help me and he was to busy to talk and then he hung up on me. After that my wife and decided not to stay the night at the Roadway Inn. Luckily my uncle needed a room so I let him have mine for the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Have stayed there twice in last few months with my wife and two kids. Very clean, very comfortable beds and good tv selections and great wifi access. The pool was well kept and large enough for two eight year-olds to enjoy. Safe neighborhood and basic restaurant and shopping needs are within a mile. Will always stay here on trips to Legoland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Overall, our stay at this motel was average. The rooms are well kept and clean. The bed was very comfortable! Nice flat pane tv on the wall.

Nonetheless, I was terribly disappointed in the customer service at the hotel.

First, do not expect a "welcome" or "thank-you". I didn't expect much at $35/night, but a little common courtesy goes a long way (in America).

While there, the shower handle broke off the shower the first day. We reported it immmediately then next morning and were gone for most of the day. When we returned after 3pm, the shower had still not been repaired. I was able to use the shower, but wouldn't you know the manager (?) comes to repair the shower just as I step out. Needless to say I told him he would need to return at a better time.

Finally, I called back after checking out to see if I had left a pair of gold earrings behind. They were not terribly valuable but I am unable to locate them. Even though I recall placing them in my make-up case the evening before when we went out to dinner, I was unable to locate them. I presumed that I had just misplaced them somewhere in my baggage or purse.

Upon returning home and unpacking everything, I called the Inn to ask if perhaps they had been turned in only to be told they were busy and to call back. Hmmmph.

Even though I liked the location, and the motel was in good condition, I will not stay here again just because I did not feel welcome. Based upon some of the other reviews here, customer service seems to be a common thread. You might be a millionair, but you cannot put a price on customer service.

The Econo Lodge is directly across the street and appears to be much newer. We'll stay there next time.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the motel otherwise the noise of heavy traffic on the main drag will w...