“Worst hotel ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Fallbrook

You added Quality Inn Fallbrook to your Saves list
Quality Inn Fallbrook
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3135 Old Highway 395, Fallbrook, CA 92028 (Formerly La Estancia Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Worst hotel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at the La Estacia Inn last weekend for a wedding. I would strongly suggest considering other hotels before staying here.
1) The walls are paper thin and you can here very quiet conversations in the other rooms. I could here our neigbors on both sides till 2am and starting at 7am. I did not find it appropriate to complain as I could tell the other guests were not being loud, the walls are just paper thin.
2) The room smelled terrible and was not clean
3) The free breakfast ends at 9am and was composed of disgusting burnt coffee, bad fruit, and partially frozen pastries. Yuck!!
4) The man who appeared to own the hotel was very rude, and laughed at my brightly colored sneakers.
5) You can stay at the pala for less.

Room Tip: Check the pala or go camping. This is the worst hotel I have ever seen!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly R, General Manager at Quality Inn Fallbrook, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Noah L,

Thank you very much for your response. I hope that you and your guests enjoyed the wedding. I would like to begin by addressing some of your concerns at the hotel:

• I apologize for the noise issue. In the future, my team would be more than happy to accommodate you in a room without neighbors next to you, that way it will eliminate the chances of noise.
• I am sorry to hear that your room was not clean upon arrival. This is a matter where we dropped the ball. Rest assured, we will make sure this does not happen again.
• Our complimentary breakfast offers just the amount of food to kick start your day. Some items include: make your own waffles, fresh fruit, Otis Spunkmeyer pastries, white/wheat bread, fresh juices, coffee and all of the condiments.
• On behalf of new management, we apologize for any discourteous behavior presented.
• Because there is such a high demand over the weekends our rates do change from weekdays to weekends. Keep in mind we do offer AAA , government and senior discounts!
I hope that the information I offered was helpful and that you will consider visiting us very soon.

Thank you for your comments.

Kimberly Rosales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here for my niece's wedding weekend. The management of the hotel was SO accommodating with our entire party. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the common area was well situated and nicely appointed. Lots and lots of available seating and shade.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear meg1027,

Wow! Thank you for such an amazing review! I am glad that you were properly accommodated while staying at our property. I am sure we can expect a return in the very near future!

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

This place is horrible. The manager was rude, and just an overall mean person. He tried to charge me, and a couple other people $400 to stay ONE night because he knew we were temporaily stuck without a car and couldn't get a cab (the hotel invited us to an after party for a wedding, and ended up closing shortly after we got there and a lot of wedding guests took the shuttle over and arranged to be picked up at 1 am to go to our other hotels). Single worst hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear quicksilver27,

I want to begin by apologizing for such an unfortunate situation. Rest assured, the hotel is under new management and the team is working diligently to get the property shining! I would love to extend another offer to return and see what a great trip should be like.

Thank you for your feedback once again.

Sahuarita, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I had become ill on our way to San Diego and just couldn't drive any further. The room was $189 for one night. It was a basic hotel room. for the most part clean, but it was dated. The man at the front desk was very friendly and made us feel welcomed. We had ordered meals from the place on site. Food was brought to our room and was good. They have had their liquor license suspended, so no drinks with dinner.
Breakfast was ok, but you can tell they are really watching the money. There was only one apple in the fruit basket, there was a half of pitcher of milk out, only a few of each item. We were given some good advice on San Diego and a map.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear sahuaritaMom,

Thank you for your review on your past stay with us. I am glad that you felt welcomed upon entering the hotel. We currently have new management overseeing the property and have revamped the breakfast along with the offerings. I hope that you have the opportunity to come back and let us know what how we are doing.

Thank you again, we hope to see you in the near future.

Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We had the hotel booked for our friends wedding. The wedding started at 3 pm and we needed to leave the hotel about 2:15. Because the hotel was completely booked the night before, the rooms were not available until 2:30. The manager called in extra help to get the rooms cleaned so we could check in earlier and get ready for the wedding. The manager was great and accomodated all of us! He even drove us in a big van to the wedding and then picked up at the end of the night. He gave us recommendations for lunch and to Pala Casino for late night fun. The rooms all overlook the pool. The hotel is in a convenient location, just off the freeway and easy to find.

Room Tip: Be nice to the manager and he'll be nice
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear jen7parrot,

Thank you for such a great review. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the property. A large majority of our guests choose to stay with us for wedding celebrations. This is a very exciting and memorable time so it is in our best interest to make sure your stay is a memorable one. We hope that the next time you visit, you will take a trip to one of the local wineries!

See you again very soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed at La Estancia Inn this past weekend for a wedding. Was extremely tired and on east coast time so I came back after the wedding and was in bed by 10 p.m. The next morning I went to the buffet for waffles and coffee and the manager approached me. Our conversation went like this:
Manager: "Were you with the wedding party last night?"
Me: "Yes, I was."
Manager: "You guys are awful."
Me: "Excuse me? What do you mean?"
Manager: "You all are awful, terrible drunks and caused so many problems last night"

So basically he proceeded to call me an awful person for the next 10 minutes, in front of other guests mind you. I explained to him that I didn't know what he was talking about because I went straight to bed and that telling a customer she is awful is extremely rude and uncalled for. He basically blamed whatever happened that night on me, even though I have never seen him before in my life, literally didn't know any other person from the wedding party, and was not even conscious at that time. He wouldn't apologize for his mistake and refused to take back what he said.

It was the worst customer services I have ever received in my life... The sad part is that I am not exaggerating.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
SAn Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

BUNCH OF CROOKS! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Initally booked at this hotel for my sisters wedding, but later moved to a new hotel. When I called to cancel Dana claimed she was terminating my reservation in the system (I asked for a cancellation confirmation number and she stated that I did not need one). Then when my credit card statement comes in there is a charge from the hotel. CAlled to get it removed and the hotel is claiming I am a no show. Of course i wasnt going to show up I cancelled the room. He even stated lies that he called personaly to ask if I was coming. However phone records indicate that that never happened. ROCKY is extremely rude a liar and thief and his staff is incompetent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Fallbrook? Share your experiences!