“Overpriced for what you get” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Vacaville, California
“Overpriced for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I stayed here and phoned down to the front desk to let them know that my television would not turn on, no one answered the phone after 15 rings!! I tried calling three times and no one would pick up! Then they had the nerve to look at me like I was crazy because I had to go down to the front desk to ask for assistance with my television! That's not what I call attentive or accommodating at all! After they took care of my TV I had another issue with my room and phoned the front desk and guess what, no one would answer the phone! So I just took care of my work and left at checkout time. The breakfast was meager for the rates they charge at this completely overpriced hotel. I wonder why they even have phones in this hotel? I WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN.... NOT AT THEIR RATES WITH THE KIND OF "SERVICE" THEY OFFER! This happened quite some time ago, but I won't ever forget it!

Room Tip: Don't phone the front desk if you have anything to ask them, go down to the front desk and ask i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Leandro, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I think the check in person new she was putting me in a loud room, she was profesional and pleasant about doing it. The rest of the staff was awsome including moving me right away to a quiter room upon request. I will stay at this hotel again, but stay away from the rooms above the kitchen. Everything else was 1st rate.

Room Tip: Stay way from the rooms above the kitchen.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed here a few times for work and always looked forward to the visits as there was so many choices to spend the evening...after work. The restaurants that are near the hotel were excellent choices and with a shopping mall and movie theater across the street...it was an excellent location. The rooms were excellent and spacious and the staff was always helpful. I did not stay for breakfast when I was there for my visits but it looked to be a good place. It is right on the freeway so there might be noise for some people but it was not an issue for me. So many positives about the hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sonora, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We usually pick Hilton properties and this was our 2nd stay at this property. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Dinner was excellent. Our complaint was the exhaust fans on the roof are very noisy. Had to run the room AC fan to try to cover the noise.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the exhaust fans on the 4th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stateline, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Attended a Saturday meeting at this hotel so I came down the night before. Hotel was typically clean, upscale and very nice. Room was clean and comfy. Internet was adequate. Had the Breakfast buffet which was a little pricey ($12) but very good. Great staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kenzie M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your recent visit to our property and sincerely appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor. We take great pride in providing our guest the best accommodations and excellent guest assistance. We kindly thank you for your recognition of our performance and certainly look forward to your next visit.
Fairfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

When I told the front desk that next morning I was told that there was nothing they could do since we didnt tell them in the middle of the night. I think it would have been embarrassing for a hotel personal to knock on the other peoples room and tell them that there love making (squeeking of the bed) was bothering the people below. We said something in the morning and was told that they would credit us our breakfast that we paid for and instead charged us for extra breakfasts. crazy stay..... no quiet, no rest. Went home to six children and was able to sleep in our own home with quietness. We were trying to have a night out with quiet. That did not happen at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfield California.

Room Tip: Dont have anyone abouve you or bring earplugs. The beds should not be that noisey.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We welcome guest feedback as it helps to keep our property in the upmost condition. We do appreciate a noise complaint at the time of the issue so that we are able to quiet the situation immediately. We have however adjusted the bed in the room that was above you to prevent other guests from experiencing similar problems. The hold that was placed on your card was not breakfast but infact for incidentals, which is released 2 - 10 business days after check out depending on bank procedures. It is our mission to ensure that every stay at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield is comfortable and quiet and we hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The critical aspect of the hotel, bed and pillows, fails here. The mattress was as cheap as I have ever seen and the pillows were the same low quality. Stay elsewhere if refreshing sleep is important to you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield? Share your experiences!