“Avoid and save your money” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Avoid and save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We visited this restaurant as to be honest there are not too many to choose from in Exeter and wanted to visit a different one each night. I can honestly say i would not go there again. The food was just a mountain of mush, tasteless and inedible. I left most of my meal and got out as quickly as possible. The service was non existent and when the waitress collected my plate which was obviously still full of food she didn't even ask if there was a problem. Not interested. Very poor.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ivanhoe, California
“little hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

the food always comes out hot and plenty of it plus very tasty

Visited May 2012
Santa Fe Springs, California
“Immaculately clean, reasonable prices, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were headed to Sequoia for some great riding and camping when we hit Exeter and decided it was time for lunch. We spotted the East Meet West restaurant on our left and pulled in. When you walk in the door it has a fresh, uncluttered, clean appearance. There were very few other customers when we came in so we were quickly seated and provided with menus and a glass of water. They have a fairly extensive menu of American standard fare and a good selection of Thai dishes.

I ordered the Reuben sandwich plate and my riding partner ordered a Pad Thai. Both dishes turned out to be flavorful, made with ingredients that were obviously fresh and the portions were reasonable.

The service was competent and timely and when the owner refilled our drinks he was quite friendly.

When I finished lunch I took a stroll around the interior of the restaurant. The whole place, from the cash register to the back door and the men's restroom was absolutely immaculately clean. It had s simple, fresh atmosphere. As far as I'm concerned, it's a great place to stop for lunch or breakfast and a good value.

If you're looking for place with lots of "ambiance" and anything fancy, drive on by. If you're looking for a clean, inviting restaurant that serves fresh, simple fare at a reasonable price you'll like this place. I'll definitely be back on my next trip up Hiway 65.

• Visited October 2011