“Recharged My Batteries” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Eureka

You added Clarion Eureka to your Saves list
Clarion Eureka
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2223 4th St., Eureka, CA 95501 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Stratford, Canada
“Recharged My Batteries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S.
Wound up here quite by accident because earlier on in the evening I had checked into the local KOA campgrounds only to have a defective smoke alarm in my cabin keep me awake! So it was fate that brought me here in the middle of the night dog tired and in desperate need of a warm bed and SLEEP! They must have felt sorry for me at the front desk after hearing my story because they gave me a discount on the room! And the room was like heaven compared to where I had just come from...huge comfortable bed with cable TV and modern clean bathroom with tub & shower that washed away all my problems. By the time I got into bed it was 4:30 a.m. so I decided then and there to stay a second night before heading further South. Next morning I had a great breakfast in their spacious on site facility...lots of modern clean tables & chairs with sunlight coming through the windows while you catch up with the latest news on the wall mounted LCD TV. This place has more than one parking lot so the next morning I moved my car to a spot directly outside my room and left it there while I walked into the old part of town. Lots of historical buildings to see here and one in particular drew me in like a fly to honey! I seem to have this uncanny ability to sniff out foods that make me feel warm & fuzzy all over and Bon Boniere Ice Cream definitely recharged my batteries big time...even took a picture before I dug in! In the end what started out as a crappy night eventually turned into one of the better nights of my trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a great stay here. The staff was friendly. They offer a hot breakfast every morning and a light meal in the evenings, very nice.The rooms were clean and spacious. We enjoyed our trip to the Redwoods. The hotel is easy to find and in a good location there is a target within walking distance. The only downfall is the indoor pool is not in the main building so it was a little chilly was back from the pool, but still a great place. We would stay here again if we are ever visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
manteca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was bummed that my favorite hotel, Best Western, Bayshore Inn was booked for the weekend so I had a choice between Comfort Inn (south of Eureka) or Clarion (north of Eureka), based on the reviews between the two, as well as convenience (I wanted to be closer to Old Town where my daughter lives), I opted for Clarion. No complaints here, the manager was very friendly and accommodating, and the room seemed nice enough. The bed was perfect, very comfortable and the tub was big so I took nice hot baths. Although the hotel appeared to be kinda run-down but it was adequate for a busy weekend in Eureka.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clara, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We got a second floor room in the hotel that faced towards a side street near the front of the hotel. The exterior of the hotel shows a lot of wear. There are cracks, unkept stairways, etc. The neighborhood is right on the edge of a poorer looking area.

Our room was pretty tiny. The small table could only be accessed by climbing into a chair the is wedged in next to it. The bed was crazy. If you even touched the side of it the bed would fall off the base frame and sink on one side. It was so bad with the close quarters that we had to forbid our kids from even sitting on one of the beds.

The breakfast was edible but barely. My kids liked the waffles. The staff that served the breakfast was not at all friendly. A gal running the place got on my wife for trying to get some milk from a nearby storeroom. She did not see it on the counter. The woman took real offense and did not handle it well at all.

One morning there were beer cans on the rail outside of our room...my wife and I had one reaction...no surprise at all...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is a dump. We wanted a pet friendly room for our 10# dog. The room they gave us had multiple urine stains that smelled fresh. The room smelled bad. When I asked to switch rooms,Nathan, the manager said they were completely booked and he could not refund our money. Since he was Labor day weekend we could not get a room close by. The following morning, the hotel ran out of food by 9 am and the girl working the breakfast area was rude and said there was nothing she could do. The holiday rate of $160 per night was way out of line for such poor quality.

Room Tip: I would stay any where as long as it wasn't here. This was my all time worst hotel experience
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carterville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The motel had friendly staff and the breakfast area was large with a nice breakfast being served. When we arrived, we were told that soup and salad was available at no charge for a light evening meal. Both were very good. The room was clean, however, some work needed to be done on the place. The door to the room was very unattractive, scuffed up and dirty looking. We had a descent stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel on our way up the coast. It was an okay place to stay. We stayed on the ground floor, so we were able to park right outside our door and easily unload out luggage. Our room had a bit of a musty smell, so we opened the door and window to help air it out. Breakfast included as well as an evening snack (which we passed up).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Eureka? Share your experiences!