“Fabulous Beds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
USA
“Fabulous Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is an older hotel but the staff was friendly the room was clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The heater/AC unit worked we but was a bit loud. There is plenty nearby to do so the location of this hotel is very convenient and easy to get to.

Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Even with construction, example the elevator was down. The staff was more then accommodating helped with bags to room and plenty of smiles. Beakfast was resonably priced and very tasty. Had a wonderful stay, will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Rooms are large and well layed out with a bed that is SUPER COMFORTABLE! The staff was very friendly and the dog friendly attitude is apparent throughout the hotel. Delicious brekfast for a reasonable price and I liked the environmentally friendly ammenities. I will be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My stay at the Red Lion hotel was alsome! The guy at the front desk I belive he was the manager or general manager was so helpful! he was very patient and give me and my husband the best price for our stay! I honestly tried to office this guy a job at my current company he had the best customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The lobby elevator was being worked on and was not in operation. The garden elevator was working.

I explained to your clerk that my wife had a mobility problem (bad ankle). Stairs are a problem for her. He put us on the 2nd floor at least 50 yds down from the garden elevator, insisting that it was no better for my wife than climbing the stairs at the lobby. There are only 5 steps up to the Garden Elevator from the Ground Floor. There were no rooms available on the first floor due to re-carpeting. HOWEVER - there were rooms available near the garden elevator.

Your clerk also made it clear to me that we would have to pay for our breakfast. The Red Lion in Medford, OR gave us a free breakfast without any problem.

Given the mess created by all of the renovation going on, your organization should have been giving a free breakfast to every guest willing to climb the stairs

I made my reservation via Hotwire - which is the ONLY reason I decided to stay at all. The charge for the room was non-refundable.

There are 3 Best Western motels in the Eureka area. I will go there next time.

I promise not to use Hotwire in Eureka again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you a room on the first floor for your stay. We make every attempt to ensure that requests are met and thanks to your comments, we will be working with our front desk staff on this as well.
We do appreciate your feedback and hope we have the chance to serve you better in the near future.
Kind Regards
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Clean rooms, good food at the restaurant and the front desk staff is awesome. Misty remembered my name the first time she met me. She was very personable as well as Kelly and Craig. Great staff, I would recommend you stay here if you're in town

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have no complaints about the staff. The hotel itself is just old, run down and attracts a poor clientele. Unfortunately in the small town of Eureka, CA there is not much to choose from. We only stayed the night and for that it was ok. I wouldn't stay there again, I'd sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Dave,

Thank you for staying with us, I'm not sure what went wrong with your stay in July. If you would like to contact me directly with details I would like to look into any specific issues. We have made many improvements last year and are continueing this year. The projects have in part been directed by our guest feedback.

I hope to be of service to you again, if your travels bring you our way.

Raul Ainardi

Been to Red Lion Hotel Eureka? Share your experiences!