“One night stay, clean and tidy.” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Eureka
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1934 Broadway, Eureka, CA 95501   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“One night stay, clean and tidy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I didn't spend much time at the hotel, I had driven from SF up the PCH and it was around 10:30pm when I arrived. Staff were good, got me checked in quickly and gave me all the information I needed.

The room was recently re-modelled. Pretty basic but had everything I needed and was very clean. I had been in the room for about 30 minutes when a loud noise started. It sounded like someone in an adjoining room was filling a bath at high speed (or a water tank was refilling somewhere) it was intermittent for over an hour. I called reception and they said they'd look into it but nothing happened and the noise didn't stop.

I was up early as I had another long drive and I hadn't slept well. Reception were great, listened to my complaint and dealt with it professionally, great CS!!!!

There were a few people around in the morning, I got the impression that some guests are a bit more permanent than others but I didn't have any problems and I never felt unsafe or at risk.

I had breakfast in the diner next door. It definitely had character but I made a 'schoolboy' error when ordering.

I ordered steak, eggs and gravy!!! Being British I expected a regular steak, fried eggs and beef gravy.

What I got was some sort of steak, wrapped in bread crumbs and covered in a white (not very nice) sauce topped with a fried egg. It may be tasty to certain palettes but it wasn't to mine. I ate as much as i could but it wasn't very much.

All in all, a short but satisfactory stay!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Medford, Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

While my mom and I stayed at this motel 6 the staff had just been replaced and renovations happening, a person might think one change at a time would be less of an imposition for the guests, but even though both changes where taking place our experience was fine. The staff was helpful at all times, the room and all that was in it was clean, and the other customers who stayed there seemed very happy to have a roof over there head. Keeping in mind that this is a hotel that takes dogs I was prepared for there to be a bit of an animal smell...our room was fine and it had not yet been remodeled. For the price we were able to stay four more days and enjoy the town. To be sure the motel isn't fancy, is located in a run down part of town, next to a restaurant that turned out to be a diamond in the rough and has a history to it. But we knew what to expect because we have stayed in motel 6 for the last 8 years when we travel cuz we have dogs. This motel 6 is by far the one I have enjoyed the most especially for the price! If you want fancy anything with fluffy towels and a fantasy atmosphere where you do not see the reality of a poor economy then I suggest that you go pay a lot more and stay some place else cuz you obviously live in a bubble and this place will pop it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sulphur, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when I needed a hairdryer( traveling on a motorcycle). Room was small, bed was uncomfortable,towels and washcloths were hard and make sure to ask for a remodeled room because they are renovating.I guess the old saying, you get what you pay for, is true.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Redding, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staff was friendly when checking in, but it was all downhill after that. The bed was terrible. The bathroom smelled of smoke. They provided 1 washcloth, 1 hand-towel, and 2 'bath' towels for 2 people. Towels were small and thin. Other guests were of an unsavory type. It is across the street from the airport so quietness is not in abundance. Will avoid in the future.

Room Tip: I would recommend a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

For $45 to $50/night lodging in a city with very few well-reviewed upscale choices this motel is a good choice. The management is vey pleasent adn responsive to customer issues. The room was very clean. Costco is behind the hotel and a couple of quality mid-range restaurants are very close, one is only 50 yards from the rooms. No pool at this place, the weather is usually too cold for swimming anyway.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are very quiet, you do not hear the highway at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Yandina, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Checked in after a long peaceful day in the redwood forests and the girl behind the desk was friendly and polite. That is the only positive thing I can say about this property. That and she immediately processed our refund as soon as we realised the grave mistake we had made by checking in here.
The property is overrun with scum. Tweakers, dealers and other associated low life conduct their pathetic excuse for life in this motel.
Don't stay here, there are seriously sketchy vibes and the rooms are foul.
It's not worth the "cheap" rates, keep driving and fork out for a safer place.

• Stayed March 2014
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I realize it's not supposed to be a 5 start hotel and that you pay for what you get. This place, however, is terrible. We stayed here because we'd been on the road 12 hours and Motel 6 allows pets. Here's a run down of our one night.

*Ice Machine broken
*Air Conditioner or Fan - None
*Spilled some water on the carpet and blotted it with a towel. White towel came away black. We never took our socks off at that point
*Towels so worn you could see through them. Like sandpaper on your skin.
*Pillows like scruffy dry sponges with covers so thin you can see the stains beneath them.

Now for the worst part. People live at this hotel full time and are buying, selling and doing drugs at all hours of the night. We were on the first floor and saw people in their cars shooting up and suspicious looking people wandering around. They'd walk up to someone, chat, exchange something and then walk away. It was so obviously a drug deal and so many people doing it, we actually felt fearful of our safety. We slept maybe 3 hours before we couldn't handle it anymore and left.

I've reached out to Motel 6 in hopes that they'll a. refund our money and b. clean that location up. Let's hope they wise up but just in case they don't - please try to find other accommodations than the Eureka Motel 6.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Eureka? Share your experiences!