“Don't leave valuables in your room!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
superior twp., mi
“Don't leave valuables in your room!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have to acknowledge that it was my fault I left my purse behind when we checked out of this hotel last week, but it would have been nice if everything had still been in it when I returned to pick it up. Instead I was missing over $100. I keep track of how much money I take on vacation and what I spend while gone, so I knew to within a few dollars how much I had. And things had been moved around in my bag, so I know someone was in it when there was no need to be since it was in a room I'd stayed in for two days. This may not matter to those of you who aren't as forgettful as I am, but we had other bad experiences there as well. When we arrived to check in the front door was locked and we had to wait 15 minutes for someone to show up at the desk. Then our keys would not open our room door and their solution was for us to wait for a repairman. We went to dinner and came back an hour later and the problem was still not resolved. Again, their solution was for us to continue waiting. Our suggestion that they put us in another room was not looked upon favorably, but they eventually did. And the treadmill was out of order our entire stay. Needless to say, I can't recommend this hotel. They did have a sign on their desk asking guests to write a review on tripadvisor, so I'm honoring that.
And as far as their current promotion where if you stay 2 nights and get a third free, that doesn't work either, as I tried to use it twice while gone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Eureka, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear susan t,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to the area. I have been out of town since the 1st so I am unaware of the problems you encountered while staying with us. If you could please email me at gm.caa23@choicehotels.com I would like to figure out exactly what happened. As for the promotion, stay two nights get a third free, you must be a member of Choice Privileges and you MUST register for the promotion at Choicehotels.com prior to your first stay unless you signed up for the rewards program during the promotion. Each and every promotion must be registered for before the first stay you would like to count towards the promotion. As well, each reservation has to be made via choicehotels.com or through the 800 reservation line on your rewards card. If you did this and still had a problem, I would recommend contacting Choice Privileges at the 800 number on the back of your rewards card. We unfortunately can't give free nights at the hotels, it all must be done with them. As long as you are a member, registered for the promotion, made your reservation with Choice Privileges and had your CP number on each reservation I don't see why they couldn't have granted you your stay. Usually, they will give you enough points for a stay and then you would have to go online of again call their 800 number to redeem them for a stay. Unfortunately, at desk level we really don't have the ability to do anything except put your number on your reservation. Also, points generally take 24-72 hours to post, if you tried doing the free night on your 3rd night traveling that may have been the problem. I would definitely contact Choice Privileges.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Olympia, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Spent a night here while traveling to southern California. I had not made reservations prior to arriving in Eureka and knew I didn't want to spend a lot. The Comfort Inn was reasonably priced. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear MaryinWA98501,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel appeared to be fairly new or recently remodeled. Room was clean and modern. Facility is completely smoke free. The Breakfast was decent. There were eggs and sausage, cereals and milk and fruit juices. It was a little distance to eateries. We went to food court at shopping mall about one mile away for dinner. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Eureka, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear CVlasflores,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay. We take pride in the appearance of our hotel so I am do happy to hear your stay was so nice! We hope to see you again in your future trips to the area!
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a 3 week roadtrip. We basically picked this motel because every other motel was booked, but it turned out it was a nice average motel. We stayed at a Deluxe room, and it was spacious but not very clean compared to other motels we have visited on our trip. Overall the motel was a bit worn, and the area seemed kind of dodgy. But still, we had a big warm bed, and everything worked. The breakfast was okay as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Eureka, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear nilledk,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on our property! If you would be so kind to email me your issues regarding cleanliness I will make sure to correct the issue. Other than that, I am glad to hear your stay was good. We hope to see you again in your future travels to this area!

email- gm.caa23@choicehotels.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As expected, this is a typical motel, but its immediately clear from entering the premises that its maintained to a high standard and everything is spotless. Arriving mid-afternoon I witnessed two ladies on hands and knees scrubbing the floor of the breakfast room with vigor! The breakfast area is on the small side, but parking is good, rooms are well appointed and comfortable, the staff are friendly and the fitness room and pool are good. Although located a short drive from the Old Town, there is a mall close by and a "Shamus T Bone" eatery which is excellent. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Eureka, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear bamorgan87,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay in Eureka, CA! We do take pride in the appearance of our hotel inside and out and I am so happy to hear that it shows. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn. The room was clean and spacious, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good though typical of a hotel complimentary breakfast. Internet was fairly quick. There is no elevator at this hotel which was not a problem for us but is something to be aware of. Although the hotel is close to the highway we found the room to be very quiet with little noise interrupting our stay. I would recommend this hotel as a fairly priced no frills hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Eureka, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Hoosiergal71,

I am very pleased to hear your stay with us was as enjoyable as you had hoped. We take pride in our hotels cleanliness and our staff and I am so happy to know it is paying off. We hope to see you again in your future trips through Eureka, CA!
Brookings, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room is clean and spacious. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast is excellent. The staff is helpful. The internet service is plenty fast and reliable. You will find cheaper hotels in the area but you won't get more for your money. The hotel is located directly on US 101 just south of Eureka. If you want to be in the middle of downtown Eureka, this isn't your place. But the drive to downtown isn't far and the quality of the hotel is worth the short drive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Eureka, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear albwilson,

I am so happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable. We look forward to see you and the Bridge Group again next year!

Been to Comfort Inn Eureka? Share your experiences!