The website described this place as something of an oasis...it is a far cry from any oasis. When we drove in the parking lot, we already had a bad vibe. The lady at the desk was friendly when telling us about the room and the amenities they had to offer. We hesitantly secured a room, took our luggage up to the second floor just in time to find the cleaning crew of two finishing the room. We were famished so put the luggage in and went to find a bite to eat. When we returned to the room, we were blasted by a horrible smell when we opened the door. We hadn't noticed it before because the maids had the door open when we arrived. Then when we went to use the bathroom, we found the toilet seat dirty and live ants roaming around the entrance to the shower. The caulking around the shower base was put over the top of moldy caulking...looked very dingy and disgusting. When trying to wash our hands at the bathroom sink, the sink filled with water and would not drain. That was enough to send us back to the office to checkout. The staff offered another room, but we were just to grossed out to even try. We noticed the whole time that we are experiencing this, there was a plumbing truck in the parking lot. He left just prior to us putting all our luggage back in the car. We did not have the chance to check out the pool or spa. They offer a stretch limo to take you to and from dinner.....the limo does not make up for the poorly appointed room. I would skip this place all together.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Hotel Eureka
- Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Hotel
- Best Western Eureka
- Eureka Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn is located in downtown Eureka, just blocks to Historic Old Town, NEW Marina/Boardwalk, and fine eateries and coffee houses. Take our complimentary stretch dinner limousine to dinner.Enjoy our 108 spacious guest rooms with all the amenities travelers want...NEW 42" LCD tvs, Microwave/refer, plush bedding, free WI-FI in every room.Our indoor/outdoor pool & spa area await you with an attached atrium/area with a billiards table and upscale lounging furniture for those that just want to relax. Our fitness facility is perfect for exercising with an eliptical machine, stationary bike, free weight dumbells, and a top-of-line 10 station workout machine.Complimentary deluxe breakfast is served each morning that includes: hot waffles (waffle maker), fresh danish, muffins, donuts (delivered fresh each morning), hot Jimmy Dean egg/sausage sandwiches, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, fresh gourmet coffee (ground onsite), and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Humboldt Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.