“Very pretty B&B with nice breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Daly Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
The Daly Inn
You added The Daly Inn to your Saves list
1125 H Street, Eureka, CA 95501   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Eureka B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Very pretty B&B with nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stayed at the inn for a few nights. My room was very spacious and included a sitting room and in suite bathroom, which was huge. The breakfasts were gourmet and cooked hot. The only slightly inconvenient part was that breakfast was only served at one, set time. The outdoor landscaping was beautiful and the art deco interior was beautiful. There are cookies and tea available nightly. The only amenity that would have been nice would be irons and ironing boards in the rooms.

I would definitely stay here again and found it to be much nicer than the standard rooms at the Carter House.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Elegant house, beautiful bedrooms, scrumptious breakfast, roomy parlors, good service--what you would expect from a B&B. Our girls loved their first B&B experience and oohed and aahed. One of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

The Inn was beautiful and very clean. After a long day of travel with 2 young children we were relieved to finally make it here. We made arrangements in advance because we were late arrivals.
Upon arrival (about 8:30pm) we were greeted by a the husband Bob - he looked at my sisters luggage (who is traveling form Holland for 5 wks w/2 small children) and commented that she had brought the whole house (we thought the strange and not very hospitable). He wasn't friendly and not very accommodating. He looked at us like we were a bother.
We ran out of toilet paper in the bathroom and had to ask for more.
At breakfast he made us sit a certain way and was quite miserable.
The other guests at the table were friendly
Bottom line - the Inn is clean and very nice but the husband Inn keeper is not a very happy person which makes for a non pleasant stay.
His wife was lovely - maybe she should be the one answering the door and serving the breakfast!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

My wife and I have stayed in many B&Bs over the years, and none of them has been more elegant and memorable than the Corneilus Daly Inn in Eureka.

Why? Because if you like beautiful turn-of -the-century architecture, experiencing history and feeling the spirit of the familiies who lived there a hundred years ago, the Daly Inn is "the real thing." Yes, there's another nice B&B in Eureka, but it's a reproduction of an 1880s Victorian from San Francisco--and it's not real. No rich Eureka history there. Makes a big difference when you walk through the 1904-vintage rooms, down the halls that hold so many secrets, and sit in the same dining room where the Daly kids sat in 1910.

Add to that friendly helpful hosts, beautiful guest rooms, a fabulous gourmet full breakfast every morning--and new this season, an amazing day-long wine tour in Humboldt County--and it just doesn't get any better than the Daly Inn!

Steve and Nicole Frenzl
Seattle WA

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

What a WONDERFUL place!!

I travel a LOT (I'm on the road for work about 2 months out of the year - thankfully, not all at once!). I usually stay at chain hotels/motels, but every now and then I like to be taken care of - and these folks do it WELL!

The Cornelius Daly Inn is a BEAUTIFUL historic house within walking distance of downtown Eureka. Check out the photos on their website at www.dalyinn.com - if anything, it's even better than the photos!

I've stayed here twice now, and loved it both times. It's a bed and breakfast, so your room rate includes coffee in the mornings as well as a wonderful breakfast, usually served in the dining room at 8:30 AM. The Inn is run by a really sweet, thoughtful couple - Bob manages check-in/check-out and usually serves breakfast, so I've had more contact with him - but I think Donna is the cook! YUM!! She's much more behind the scenes but I bumped into her in the parking lot and she was really sweet as well!

An example of being taken care of - the last time I visited, I was unable to stay for breakfast on my first day. I let Bob know, and he asked if I'd like him to have some coffee ready early - which was wonderful! When I came down in the morning, he'd set out the coffee (with lovely china), which I had expected - but he'd also left me a large to-go coffee cup with lid, so I could take an extra cup with me on the road! They just take care of you - and that's a wonderful feeling!!

When you walk in, it doesn't feel like a hotel. It feels like you're coming home - because it is a home! I arrive exhausted, and leave refreshed - it's SO worth it! I think part of it is because there are several areas you can relax - unlike a hotel, where you only have your bedroom!

Of course, you do have a bedroom - and all the bedrooms are located upstairs.

However, the downstairs section of the house has several common areas where you can hang out - there's a game room with a pool table, a TV room, a parlor, the dining room, and a music room with a piano (and some nice beginners sheet music!). There's also a really nice garden in the side yard, which is great when weather cooperates!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions - I really can't rave about it enough!

(*Warning - I think two of the rooms do not include seperate bathrooms - so if you are in one of those, you will be using a shared hallway bathroom. However, those are the rooms I've stayed in, and I've never had a problem - and it's a beautiful, HUGE bathroom - 2 sinks, nice counter, big tub/shower, lots of floor space and MANY towels! Next time I'm there, I'll try and remember to take pictures!)

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
eugene oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Cornelius Daly Inn in Eureka from August 29th-Sep1, 2008. We stayed in the Victorian Rose Room and found the Inn, the Inn-Keepers and the gourmet breakfasts all excellent and plan to return to the Cornelius Daly Inn next April for another visit. Highly recommend this delightful place.

• Liked — Inn Keepers; gourmet breakfasts
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

The Daly Inn and it's sister The Iris House were both lavishly decorated. We've stayed there several times over the past few year, Spring, Winter and Summer. January is a bit grey, but there are still many lovely days. And walking around downtown with hot cocoa is fun!

In the warmer months, the garden is beautiful and very nice to sit around in the morning and early evening.

Everytime we've been to the Inns the food was just great! Just like at the pensione in Italy, where we sat with strangers at meal time! Except there was no Contessa, but instead a wonderful host, Bob, who told us all about the beauty of the Redwoods and gave us tips on where to eat.

We enjoyed walking all around the neighborhood in Eureka, lots of old Craftsman style houses and Victorians. The downtown was very close, though we chose to drive to the waterfront, park and then walk all around. The kids loved the Eureka Zoo and the park next door with the big slide that comes out between large Redwood trees and there was a nice little path off the park that took us into a corpse of Redwoods.

The kids loved Gepetto's Toy Store downtown! And Patrick's candy store around the corner from The Daly Inn. We watched them make candy in the front window.

We picked blueberries in nearby Arcata (wish I could remember the name of the farm). We went to a fair in Fortuna one Summer and horseback riding north of Arcata another time. We saw sea otters at the pier in Trinidad and hiked up the hill.

There's a lot to do in the area, but you need to relax and not look for the big glitz items of some cities. The best base-camp is the Daly Inn. This is Redwood heaven, take time to enjoy it.

• Liked — The food was great, the beds were clean, soft and very comfortable!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Daly Inn? Share your experiences!