“Great soup, so so fish” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 157 restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Great soup, so so fish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I found this place onTA as I was driving thru eureka . I was jonesing for some fish and chips, so I didn't even look at the menu. The waitress talked me into the clam chowder and it was every bit as good as billed: perfect consistency, great clams (and shrimp), excellent. The fish was just OK: not crisp crust. And pricy: $13 for 3 small pieces.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Fortuna, California
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Eat there constantly. Love the place. Service is great, food is better. Been eating there constantly for 5 years...

Visited November 2012
Eureka, California
“overpriced white-bread cuisine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

All the locals rave about the great crab sandwiches so I had to check it out - pricey, but I figured worth it based on recommendations. What came out was mayonnaise and crab salad on a white roll with french fries. Yeah there was a lot of crab, but I could have bought a crab for less than half what they charged and made a better sandwich at home. I have been there since and ordered other sandwiches, and all were very ordinary and a few dollars more than you'd expect to pay. I don't understand the appeal of Gill's at all.

Visited November 2012
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great fish sandwiches for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stopped at Gill's for lunch. The day was a little chilly but sunny so we sat out on the patio watching the birds and other sealife. We both had the fish sandwich and can recommend it highly. A great place for a relaxing lunch by the bay.

Visited October 2012
Eureka, California
“Very good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

They serve very good and competent meals. We always eat outside, never have to wait for an outside table. Just a good, decent place to eat that has never disappointed us.

Visited October 2012