“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 156 Restaurants in Eureka
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Featured on Food Network's top rated show Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives with celebrity Chef, Guy Fieri March, 7, 2014, it's nestled in historic Opera Alley in Old Town Eureka. Our menu currently supports 17 Humboldt County vendors and 6 more in neighboring regional Counties. This location offers outdoor seating, weather permitting, and is FIDO friendly (outdoors only and leashes please!). Voted the BEST LUNCH place in Humboldt County 2012 by the North Coast Journal Readers Poll, guests are treated to as one fan put it "Gourmet food at blue-collar prices." Open SUN-WED 11am to 4pm; THURS-SAT 11am-8pm and til' 9pm during Arts Alive! Also serving local beers and wines!
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We are in town for our honeymoon, an had no idea where to eat. Cafe nooner was recommended by a little shop keeper down the road. We could not be happier. Fantastic service, fresh food, incredibly taste. Beer and soup samples to make sure we enjoyed what we ordered. Seriously, not one regret, it was wonderful.

Louisville,ky
“comfortable and tasty good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Interesting and tasty menu. Comfortable atmosphere. Good value in the heart of old town. I got a grass fed beef burger which was very good and daughter got a sweet sausage sandwich - big enough to take half away for later.

Visited August 2013
“Great tasting food but takes a long time and is overpriced for small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food was good. We appreciate that they use organic and local ingredients. However, we were still hungry after spending $22 on what was supposed to be two meals (flatbread beef sandwich and chicken skewer with rice/hummus/veggies). The portions are small. I recommend getting an appetizer and dessert as well due to this.

We came around 3:45, and it took a long time to get our food. There was only one other party there that was waiting for food at the same time. The staff was friendly though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eureka
“A Little Hideaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Two of us had lunch here yesterday in Old Town Eureka. Although they have a small parking lot directly in front of this alleyway location, it fills up fast and you'll have to find somewhere on the street (limit is 2 hours). My dining companion comes here all the time, but it was new to me. The menu is eclectic, using farm-fresh vegetables as well as local meats (grass-fed beef). The menu seems to lean toward Greek-style or Mediterranean cuisine.

My companion always gets a hamburger which she claims is perfect. I thought it looked good, but a bit plain for me. I ordered something called the Monterey Veggie Sandwich which had loads of avocado, baby spinach leaves, red onion, pepper jack cheese, something called "olive salad" and their wonderful herbed vinaigrette on a fresh roll. I saw people eating gorgeous onion rings and sandwiches as well. They are known for their soups made from scratch and they allow you to taste them before buying.

I believe they serve dinner, but can't be sure since we weren't looking for dinner. It would be a great place/atmosphere for dinner, however.

The atmosphere is both friendly and intimate and the wait staff very accommodating and gracious. While I personally wouldn't take a small child here, I'm sure people have and do; there just weren't any there during our visit. This place has a second location in the "Henderson Center" part of town called Cafe Nooner Too which I plan to visit as well.

Give this one a try...I certainly will!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Shasta, California
“super, yummy, delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nooner Café is a super, yummy, delicious, place to eat. It’s a small intimate café with local flair, located in historic Opera Alley, Old Town Eureka. The service can be slow, be patient, it’s well worth the wait. Go there when you have some time to relax and dine. Excellent ingredients and a well thought out menu makes for scrumptiousness in any of your lunch favorites. Even the standard hamburger tastes amazing and like something special. If the weather is good, the out door seating is nice for those with kids and pets.

• Visited July 2013