“Yummy! And very friendly service!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #111 of 264 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: Mexican
Alexandria, Virginia
“Yummy! And very friendly service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

So glad I was visiting with a local resident because I would not have found this on my own! Good Mexican food (I had the green chile with pork bits) and friendly service. Was surprised it was that busy on a Thursday night, but I understand why now. Good food, relaxed atmosphere. Legend has it that they invented the Margarita. I don't know if that's true...but I know at home they are not this strong! If you like good Mexican food and a Margarita with a kick, this may be the place for you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hidden Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Fun place to dine and eat. While nothing spectacular in the food department it is very edible and it is a great experience, if you can find it.

Escondido, CA
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice location near a lake and good quality Mexican food. For some of our friends, this is their favorite. Not our favorite but quite good.

Escondido, California
“Middle of the Week Mayhem!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This has always been a quaint location tucked away in the Del Dios area of Lake Hodges, but it is a crap shoot when it comes to service. We made reservations for 7PM and still had a significant wait before being seated. Two servers, no bus-person, and a bartender....need I say more? After more than a sufficient time waiting to have our beverage order taken, we were considering going elsewhere, when we finally got a waiter, and I underline finally! We were told that during the week they have little staff (NOTE TO SELF). The lack of staff may be the reason the bathrooms were littered with paper and messy, but the toilets not working reflects on the owner/management.

As food goes, it is the typical north of the border fare in my book. It used to be the charm of this place that brought us here. But no longer. The place is looking shabby and dirty, which makes me wonder about the kitchen, which makes me not want to come back.

Too bad the owner/management has allowed the obvious deterioration to occur. It would be a shame to see this place go to seed after such a long history in Escondido. I wish them well but I don't recommend it until they clean it up.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“A great place by lake Hodges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We met friends there for dinner. I am not a great fan of Mexican food, but I really enjoyed it here and their Margaritas are great. It's a family run restaurant and it shows in the quality of the food and the excellent service. Very casual that mostly caters to local crowd. A very nice place to have dinner with good friends.

• Visited March 2013