“Convenient place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Fresno, CA
“Convenient place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

As usual, I did a bit of searching before I booked this hotel. Booking online was a no-brainer. I got a great rate plus the location was very close to where I needed to be. What else can I ask for?

The staff was great. No problems checkin in, out or with the maid service at all. The only thing that was lacking was the continental breakfast. I have been spoiled by some other places and was disappointed that this place only had pastries and juice. I can't blame the hotel on this point, as I am pretty sure anyone would assume continental means danish. So, eating out once for breakfast was fine. No big deal.

The parking lot is kind of small but I was always able to park right outside the room, no matter what time I came back. I never saw it full or ever heard anyone complain that they couldn't find a spot.

The room was kind of small but the pictures on the website does show it exactly as it is. I thought it was just the angle of the photo but that was my mistake. Again, I cannot fault the hotel for this. There were two beds in the room but mine was right up against the window. Literally, if the window was open, someone could reach in and touch me. Kind of freaked me out but really, there were no problems with the area or other guests. I didn't even hear anybody else in the hotel and we were on the ground floor. If there was anyone above us, they were as quiet as mice.

The room air conditioner was too high to reach but there is a remote for it. Found it after much strain trying to turn it on. Oops, my bad! The bathroom was clean and quiet. The tv worked and there were many channels to choose from. The room even had a microwave and fridge but lacked a coffee maker. Again, no problem for me as the coffee makers are usually to small anyhow and I always find a Starbucks for that addiction.

The only complaint I have about the room was the door. It looked like it didn't shut and I ended up putting a chair under the handle. I know I'm probably paranoid but you can never be too sure these days.

Going into this, I knew this was not going to be a luxury hotel. That being said, I am not putting this hotel down at all. It was within my budget and had all the amenities I asked for. It was located in a safe area, within walking distance for food (which I did walk to at night) or other basic needs. If you drove a few minutes, you were within the shopping centers and the theater (I also went to the movies on this trip). The staff was terrific and housekeeping always did an excellent job. Believ it or not, I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

i stayed,in rm 238 up stairs big king bed, with reifg,micro,very clean room,i was there for 3 days,they cleaned my room everyday.very quiet place very little parking.just me and my son i felt safe.would recommend this place again. great price with aaa, discount. carrie glerum phoenix az.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
SAN JOSE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on Friday night. Best Western and Comfort Inn nearby were askin for over $100 for the room. Finally we located this place thanks to our GPS. This place reminds me of a city bed & breakfast. It's a small, friendly place but it's in a great area quite!! We saw that they are building Escondido Police and Fire HDQ only a block away from this hotel. The room we had was called Deluxe King !! and boy we loved it!! Bathroom was so modern and great! Room had Fridge, Micro, Coffee Maker, and they had almost 80 channels with HBO and SHOWTIME!! Would recommend to any one !! Staff was friendly and very helpful. Only thing is Entrance is little confusing so be careful.

• Liked — LOCATION, STAFF, CONDITION OF ROOMS!!
  • Disliked — SMALL PLACE FELT LIKE A BED & BREAKFAST
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

arrived in San Diego down town and discovered that the rodeway inn was an hour and forty-five minutes away! attempted to phone that location to get info on a possible closer facility, but the number was no longer in use or disconnected! several more attempts resulted the same way. felling lost and gypped, i was lucky to find vacancy when it was spring break, easter week-end and a baseball game happening! oh! did i mention it was paid in advance, and at the day of check-in? yea ! that's right!
the place that i stayed in was the hotel Sofia! that's another story, check it out!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

You get what you pay for. I wanted an inexpensive place to stay one night before heading to San Diego. The pictures look good on the website, but the room and atmosphere leaves much to be desired. The room we had smelled of mold. The bed had big dips in it and the walls were paper thin which means we heard the guy next door go in and out of his room all night. I won't be staying in the hotel/motel ever again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

Not bad for the price. Single-bed rm was small and a little awkward, especially the work table (tiny). No desk. Parking was tight. Room ser. excellent. Staff very friendly. Good and safe location. 10 min. to Dixon Lake. 20 to Wild Animal Pk. 45 to airport. Only problem I had was air conditioner controls were out of reach...had to stand on chair to adjust. Shopping ctrs. 10 min. away (Target, Wal Mart, Turner's Sporting Goods, fast foods). For price I'd stay again. Book way ahead for best price, or you'll pay dearly for weekend rates. Good restaruants in nearby San Marcos. Great pier at Oceanside (45 min.). Staff will accommodate special needs...ex., 1st floor rm., package shipped to motel prior to arrival. However, don't venture out alone at night in California. I didn't have any problems but travelled wisely. Most people were very friendly in Escondido. Home of world-record bass.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — being an older motel
  • Tips/Secrets — Book ahead, nego. price, eat in room (has sm. frig, no micro), request 1st floor rm
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2006

I traveled on business for four days to Rancho Bernardo area. Hotels were expensive in that area so I picked Rodeway in Escondido. Great location off the I-15 and is in a good safe area. Motel looks fresh and well kept. Staff was great and can tell that they take pride in the place. I wold strongly recommend this place. Only thing is that Rates in weekend are little higher, but others in the area are even higher. Guess supply and demand.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!