“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 S Escondido Blvd, Escondido, CA 92025   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010 via mobile

My husband kids and I have stayed at the hotel many times, he is stationed at camp pendelton about 40 mins away so when we drive down for the weekends this is a great place to stay. Rooms have microwaves fridges & tvs. There's a great cafe next door. The staff here is great & knows us by name. Perfect location there's a mall about 5 mins away and all the fast food joints just down the road. Pool hot tub, everything you need. But I do reccomend bringing your own pillow because some times there a little flat. We love it here & for the price its great. Plus military discounts! You can't go wrong.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bussum, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I've booked this hotel because it was close to the San Diego Wild Animal park, which we visited the next day.

I've only paid 50,- for the room, so didn't expect much. I was wrong.

The staff was friendly, but what amazed us, were the rooms. They were really nice and spacious. Yes, everything was old, and yes, there was carpet on the floor, but everything was in one piece, everything worked and everything was clean,. The beds were also really good. Nothing I can complain about. The, free, wi-fi was also really decent.

The only negative thing is that the walls are thin. You don't want to have an loud neighbour with his alarm set at 06.00, which ofcourse we had.

It is an fine hotel, which deserves high ratings because you won't find better for this money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Auberry, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at this motel while visiting Escondido on a business/family trip. The staff was excellent, very accommodating and helpful. The room was very (!) large with a microwave/fridge and kitchen (no pots/plates/utensils though; I didn't ask for them though because I had no time to cook anyway). The location is right off the freeway but very quiet. Trader Joes and various other businesses are close to the motel. I enjoyed my stay very much and will stay here again when returning to Escondido.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
canoga park,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

I stayed here for a night because we were going to the wild animal park early the next day. The front desk was really nice and friendly. Also, my husband had bought a bottle of wine but forget to bring his opener but the front desk man had one and kindly let us use his. Easy check in and check out process. The staff is very friendly! My most favorite thing is that there was free wireless internet in the room! we stayed at a four star hotel after that and we had to pay for internet and parking!

The only cons is there is quite a unpleasant smell in the room and there were wholes in one of the sheets. but what do expect for a $50.00 room? i would stay here again otherwise.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Blue Lake, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

I would recommend this place to people who are looking for a nice clean place. The room was simple, I liked it because of the convenience to the freeway, as I was there on work. I liked coming back to my room at night and it was very quiet, I am assuming it was because the hotel was located in a neighborhood area. Restaurants that are walking distance were good, I enjoyed the wireless internet in the room so for me this place was great for the price, and would definitely return here and would also recommend to others.

• Liked — Convenience to freeway/ free wireless internet
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I think some people review Econo Lodges and places like them as if they were a much higher star hotel. We stayed there 3 night The place was nicely kept and the people were friendly. It is not in a bad area. Easy to get to and the restaurants were good to eat at near by. I really have no complaints other than the grounds keepers started at 9 (but we are still not up that early) with the gas powered equipment and the breakfast is just a doughnut and OJ. But that is what you get when you pay $50 a night. For that money I felt it was great. Free Wifi and nice little pool and hot-tub. The room was always clean and it even had a full size fridge and stove. We stayed at a 4 star later in the trip and had to pay for parking and wifi. I wish we just stayed there at the Econo Lodge the whole time.

• Liked — Mostly everything for the price.
  • Disliked — Not the best breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for more than 3 days. My children started getting bitten and we couldn't figure out what it was. We thought mosquitoes at first or maybe beach fleas but then my daughter saw a tiny creature on her sheets. Our doctor took a look at the bites after we returned from our trip and thinks it was probably bed bugs.

We bagged all our luggage in plastic garbage bags and are still washing our clothes in hot water. Be careful and look before you unpack!

Stayed August 2008

Been to Econo Lodge Escondido? Share your experiences!