“Opens at 5:00 AM!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Opens at 5:00 AM!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you need an early breakfast - this is a great, homey spot. Come to think of it, though, it might just be a wee bit crowded at 5 because it is a great breakfast place. Big, fluffy pancakes, really good sausage (spicy but not too much), delicious fluffy omelets. Friendly service and good coffee. Decor is kind of all over the place - but it's fun to look at the various signs, etc. Ladies' room good have been just a bit more tidy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“Odd Location for an Awsome Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a blue collar, down to earth little cafe for the people! Awsome breakfast at a great price in a cozy well used cafe. The most expensive item on the menu is $8.75 which I had, Chicken Fried Steak and eggs. I got it beacuse the review of the gravy were good and I MUST concur, awsome gravy, definitely in my top 5 breakfast gravys I have had, plenty of meat in the gravy, not sure it was sausage or what, but very savory and tasty indeed. Huge Steak, cooked just right, tender and tasty, eggs spot on, great hash browns (but would order them extra crispy next time) and toast. My wife had a great broccoli and cheese omelet and was very happy. Now be prepared, since this is NOT a fancy place, a nice long bar or some comfy booths and tables. There were bikers and others, all very casually dressed. The location is in a VERY INDUSTRIAL part of Escondido, just a stones throw from the big cement plant. Just great comfort food, with a lot of inspiring, heart fealt sayings on the wall to make you feel extra loved. Plenty of waitresses and the service was outstanding.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Ohio
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

During vacation to San Diego on our way to the san Diego zoo safari park we stopped at home sweet home cafe. We had a coupon from the Entertainment book. Surprisingly good for a cinder block building with Warner brothers characters painted on the windows. 2 in our party had the grilled chicken sandwich. My son had pancakes and I had a turkey avocado bacon swiss lettuce (blast) sandwich on toasted sourdough bread with fruit. The sandwich was huge. I couldn't eat all the bacon c Seems like a good local spot for breakfast and lunch. The bread was really fluffy and fresh and made great toast for my sandwich.

Escondido, California, USA
“Not home sweet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Breakfast is difficult to find outside "home". This is close to home in distance....but not home sweet home....I would rather eat at my home sweet home. My husband likes to go out for biscuits and gravy.....he didn't even eat it. We tried twice........that's all I have to say.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ramona, California
“People find this place, and stand in line for breakfast!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

A good breakfast out is hard to find, but this one is harder than most! Located in the industrial section of Escondido, the Home Sweet Home Cafe has people waiting to get in, and once that happens it is all good. We watched other entrees go by, biscuits and gravy, pancakes...but when ours came, we were thrilled. Mine was an omelet that was as good as I have had--tender not overcooked on the outside. The wait staff was friendly and made suggestions (be sure and try the salsa). We will definitely go again for breakfast or lunch!

• Visited July 2013