“Last minute escape wonderful surprise....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscany Hills Resort

You added Tuscany Hills Resort to your Saves list
Tuscany Hills Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   29850 Circle R. Way, Escondido, CA 92026 (Formerly Castle Creek Inn Resort Hotel and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Escondido
Riverside California
“Last minute escape wonderful surprise....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property has had some issues in the past..... but the new owners are on the right track. The room we stayed in was just remodeled very spacious and new comfortable beds. Rhonda one of the current people involved with the remodel and front desk was very nice and told us all about the property and the future plans. The soaking pools are fantastic and quiet. I loved hearing the birds and frogs from the golf course right in front of the property. We loved the escape and have already booked a return trip.

Room Tip: Get a room with French Doors to entrance to the soaking pools
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We traveled with an infant and child. Found the accommodations perfect. The rooms were large. The beds were very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were nice. The pool and soaking tubs were fantastic. Every staff member was more than helpful. We arrived on the day management was changing hands. We didn't want yoga or art classes. We wanted to stay at one place away from the crowds and interstate, yet in between LEGOLAND and the San Diego Zoo. Loved it!! Only con, was Wi-Fi was out of range, not sure if available in the main lodge.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This had to be the worst experience I've ever had with a "Resort". What a joke this place was. Their website is the best thing about this place, mainly because most of it is a lie.

I booked a room a week prior to my arrival. When I arrived to the resort, it was a complete ghost town. it was about 9pm and we had no idea where anyone was. The front Lobby doors were locked and all the lights were off. We had no idea how we were going to check in. I couldn't find any information about lobby hours. I've never heard of a Resort Lobby closing.

I dialed their afterhours numbers which were apparently cell phone numbers to Megan and Nina and all of the calls just went to voicemail. I left several messages without any success. I finally reached another "manager" (Maribel). She told me that she wasn't in town and asked me how I got her number. I told her it was on the Lobby window for an afterhours number. She told me she'd call some "people" and then call me back. Never received a call back from her.

The back lobby doors were left open, so decided to walk around a bit. There was trash everywhere. There appeared to be what was once a bar in the lobby and it was completely demolished. There was holes in the walls and carpet ripped up. The pool was disgusting. There was more dead bugs and dirt than there was water.

After about an hour and a half of waiting for someone to call us back or even show up, we decided to give up. We contacted the beautiful Marriott Del Mar and they booked us a room instantly for the weekend and even offered us a discount, making it less expensive then the trash infested Tuscany Hills. If your going to stay in the area, save yourselves the heartache. Stay somewhere else.

I'm just glad they didn't answer the phone. It ended up working out for the better at the Marriott.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Beautiful property that was probably worth visiting at one time, but, neglected and currently very poorly managed. I wish that I had read the reviews BEFORE booking my stay. Thankfully, it was only one night. My unfortunate experience began before I even arrived. I called in advance to request early check-in, as I had an event to attend at 3pm that day. Literally had to call over a dozen times in a row before getting anyone to pick up the phone. Not even an answering machine to take messages, just long periods of ringing before call was disconnected. When I finally did get someone on the phone, I was asked how early I would like to check-in. I requested a 1pm check-in, but, was told that 2pm was the earliest the room could be ready. I agreed that this would work and was told that I would be expected and welcome at that time. Arriving at 2pm, I walked up and from the "lobby" area, you get the feeling that this place has been abandoned. There's old furniture piled up near the front and weird out of place displays for spa services that are not really available.
Guillermo was the "manager" on site during our recent visit. As soon as I arrived, he tells me that the room is not available until 3pm. I was then asked to pay $106 for the reservation I had booked and paid for weeks in advance. I stated that I had already paid and after the manager briefly looking through a binder for my booking and being told he couldn't find it, the printer at front desk was not working, so manager scribbled a receipt on a piece of paper and asked me to sign for an amount much less that I had paid through Travelocity. This is after waiting for him to finish up another phone call. I explained that I just needed a place to change and housekeeping could finish cleaning if I could get access to the room just to briefly change clothes. After waiting for housekeeping and the manager to find the key, thankfully, I was allowed to use the room to get ready. The broken, old, outdated tv was unplugged and set on a chair in the room. I was told it didn't work and maybe they could replace it by that evening. The manager apologized many times for the poor service and claimed it was only his third week on the job. Not really an excuse for poor service, especially when paying resort prices.
Upon returning from my event, I found that the broken tv was replaced with an equally old set, that at least worked, without a remote control. Very old school. No wi-fi as advertised. No breakfast. Carpet was dirty. But, bed seemed clean and was very comfy. Furniture was also outdated and needs to be replaced.
The next morning, I get a phone call from the manager stating that while I was "under the impression that I had already paid", he needed to discuss this matter before I checked out. I called to confirm with Travelocity that payment had already been collected, they offered to call the management on my behalf, but, like me the day before, were unable to get any answer from the front desk. So, I went to straighten it out while I checked out. The girl working with the manager at the cheesy front desk was nice enough, but, not very helpful. I offered to give them my itinerary number, but, made it clear that I would not be paying an additional fee for a room that was already paid for. After hearing that, they were finally able to find confirmation of payment under my last name. Imagine that! Of course, the manager bailed during this confirmation and had to deal with another issue of housekeeping staff entering another guest's room and hiding while the husband was in the shower and scaring the unsuspecting wife. Super shady. I will not be returning until I hear that management has changed. It's a shame, because it is a really nice location with so much potential, if only it was properly managed.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Corona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

This place ruined my anniversary! We booked a room here wanting to do a balloon ride with the room and the ballon was canceled less than 24 hours in advance and did not care that we had spent our money for the balloon. When we got to the "resort" it was dirty outdated and seemed to be abandoned. We found the front desk and got the room key. We arrived to the room next to a loud street and a dirty room. The bed was not made the heater did not work and smelled musty and almost moldy. We were very unsatisfied and asked if they could do anything about it. The owner Megan gave us a run around and is impossible to talk to. Paloma at the front desk did not care about our unsatisfactory visit. They took our money from us and we did not even stay at the resort. This is a warning to future visitors please do not count on these people to make your visit a good experience. No customer service and terrible management.

Room Tip: Dirty rooms with feeling of unease.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015 via mobile

We paid $150 a night for a room that had moldy shower curtains and no maid service. Dirty carpets and a room in desperate need of an update. The location is beautiful but there was absolutely zero service.

• Stayed December 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

The Tuscany Hills staff made our stay very enjoyable! My husband and I were looking for a get away for our anniversary the Tuscany Hills Resort offered us a room with a King bed, a view of the golf course and pool. As a wine lover I scheduled us for a wine tour that picked us up there in the hotel lobby and dropped us back off in the resort, totally convenient!! But I must say the soaking tubs were my favorite part! A must try!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Tuscany Hills Resort? Share your experiences!