“DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscany Hills Resort

Save Saved
You added Tuscany Hills Resort to your Saves list
Tuscany Hills Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   29850 Circle R. Way, Escondido, CA 92026 (Formerly Castle Creek Inn Resort Hotel and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Escondido
Las Vegas, Nevada
“DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked in after a long drive and were looking for something to eat and was recommended the gopher hole. we were not given any paperwork with any hotel recommendations as I was later told every guess received. the Gopher whole was terrible. when we got to our room it was not as nice as we would expect for the price the beds were very squeaky the linens and howls for poor quality and the towel rack in the bathroom completely fell off the wall when I put my towel on it after taking a shower. the hot tub we're not hot as indicated in the hotel information online. we went out to the next day and when we returned there was no parking there was an event however cars were everywhere and nowhere for hotel guests to park so I went to the front desk to inquire about parking and also mention that the restaurant was terrible the previous evening and our room did not have a wine opener. I spoke to the manager Jennifer who became immediately defensive. she said there was a parking attendant that was saving spaces for hotel guests and she was offensive when I told her nobody was there were no spots so I had to park illegally she did tell me that it would be fine but I wasn't happy about it. if you pay $350 per night for a hotel room you should get a parking spot and you should have a wine bottle opener in your room the towel rack should not fall off the wall and The bed shouldn't squeak. the owner Michael heard us talking and came over and greeted me and shook my hand. I told him that the grounds were lovely and I also told him my concerns. he seemed very nice I wished them all a good night. he specifically asked me to go online and leave positive feedback regarding my stay but considering was to happen next there's no possible way I could do that. I went back to my room And later on I called the front desk to see how long the event would take because my infant was sleeping and they put us right by the pool where the event was. Jennifer answer the phone immediately began berating me about how they had every right to have a party until 10:30 p.m. And if I didn't like it I should leave. in fact she told me to leave all I did was inquiring how long the party will last I did not complain about it I just asked about it and she went on and on telling me to leave this is at about 9 or 9:30 p.m.. I told her I couldn't believe how rude she was being she told me that the owner agreed that they knew who I was Before we checked in and wanted me to leave, which is impossible because I didn't even make the room reservation and I'd never spoken to or seeing anyone from that hotel until that moment. she said she didn't care if I wrote bad reviews because I know if people would still come to the hotel so I urge anyone that reads this review...do not stay at that hotel they do not deserve your business and there are much better places to stay for that kind of money.

• Stayed July 2013
SharylAnn, Manager at Tuscany Hills Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I'm so sorry that you had a less than positive experience during your stay here at Tuscany Hills. Perhaps you misunderstood with regard to the restaurant, we do not have any affiliation with the Gopher Hole, it is up to our guests to decide if the environment meets their expectations.

There is always more than adequate parking for all guests including guests of special events such as the wedding that took place during your stay. When you called regarding the activity around the pool, I responded to your complaint with the utmost professional response as I do with all of our guests.

Perhaps you are mistaken with regard to the rate that was charged for your room as our rates for your room type are much more reasonably priced. As for the wine opener, our staff was more than happy to provide your husband with one promptly upon request.

We here at Tuscany Hills Resort take pride in our customer service standards and treat all of our guests like royalty during their stay on our property. We also recognize that there are times where individuals find themselves having difficult days and seemingly nothing goes right. For those rare instances, the only suggestions left for us to make is that perhaps another location might be more to their liking at which time we offer a full refund for the accommodation if the guest chooses to vacate the premises.

Jennifer
Resort Manager

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a great find in a great area. Large pool and 4 private soaking tubs. Soak with a glass of wine in your hand from one of the local wineries and talk about the day. Whether golf next door, or at other local courses, the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park, wine tasting, casinos, or just a relaxing day with a good dinner, there is so much to do within the local area. Jennifer(at the desk) gave us great dinner suggestions, try Ciao's for great Italian at a reasonable price, and was helpful with all of our needs. The property has recently changed hands and many things are planned for an upgrade of the property, but do not let this hold you back from going now, It is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: We were given a King room above the pool while the couple with us were given a Queen room overlookin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Front desk personnel give us a fantastic treatment. great clean rooms, relaxing soaking pools, very nice place to stay. Fast booking while we were driving to the casino.We will came back to Tuscany Hill Resort in Escondido, CA.

Room Tip: country side views... awesome.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This newly owned and revamped property is a gem. Friendly and accommodating staff. A very relaxing atmosphere on a golf course. Convenient to the I-15 and many attractions. There are 8 Pickleball courts on the premises, a game for the entire family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We wanted to get away and found Tuscany Hills Resort online (formerly Castle Creek Inn). Gave them a call and got a good discount and free upgrade to the Deluxe King Mini Suite (comparable or better than online)!

PROS: Jennifer and Jeanie at the front desk were professional and accommodating for an early check in. Good sized room with vaulted ceiling, AC, microwave, mini-fridge, and super comfortable King pillow-top bed. Nice pool area, scenic grounds, relaxing and unique soaking pools. Great location to the golf course.

CONS: Would have liked a later checkout (vs 11 am) but was told that it would be an extra fee(?!). Gym is small but has the basic amenities. No close handicapped parking, so plan accordingly. Be sure to ask housekeeping for towels to use at the pool.

Overall, good value for the money and would definitely come back. Can't wait to see the new restaurant and bar that are planned.

Room Tip: King suite is significantly larger than the Queen, so consider upgrading if traveling with more than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend. Front desk staff was very accommodating in relation to our check-in and check-out times, working around our tee time. Had one of the best massages! Soaking pools were amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

There were many benefits to our stay at this resort. We got a great deal on the room, enjoyed the scenery, and loved the soaking pools. However, the room left much to be desired and made the benefits seems less valuable. We stayed in a deluxe mini suite. The reality of the room did not match the pictures online. The room was more than just dated. It was flat out worn down. The comforter on the bed had holes in it. The room was very humid. The walls were scuffed. There were weird smells and stains in every corner. It was the type of place that made me get out my disinfectant wipes before setting anything down. Needless to say, we were glad for the scenery and the soaking pools because it gave us an escape from the room. If the resort did a few inexpensive updates to the rooms, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tuscany Hills Resort? Share your experiences!