“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscany Hills Resort

You added Tuscany Hills Resort to your Saves list
Tuscany Hills Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   29850 Circle R. Way, Escondido, CA 92026 (Formerly Castle Creek Inn Resort Hotel and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Los Angeles, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Front desk personnel give us a fantastic treatment. great clean rooms, relaxing soaking pools, very nice place to stay. Fast booking while we were driving to the casino.We will came back to Tuscany Hill Resort in Escondido, CA.

Room Tip: country side views... awesome.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This newly owned and revamped property is a gem. Friendly and accommodating staff. A very relaxing atmosphere on a golf course. Convenient to the I-15 and many attractions. There are 8 Pickleball courts on the premises, a game for the entire family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We wanted to get away and found Tuscany Hills Resort online (formerly Castle Creek Inn). Gave them a call and got a good discount and free upgrade to the Deluxe King Mini Suite (comparable or better than online)!

PROS: Jennifer and Jeanie at the front desk were professional and accommodating for an early check in. Good sized room with vaulted ceiling, AC, microwave, mini-fridge, and super comfortable King pillow-top bed. Nice pool area, scenic grounds, relaxing and unique soaking pools. Great location to the golf course.

CONS: Would have liked a later checkout (vs 11 am) but was told that it would be an extra fee(?!). Gym is small but has the basic amenities. No close handicapped parking, so plan accordingly. Be sure to ask housekeeping for towels to use at the pool.

Overall, good value for the money and would definitely come back. Can't wait to see the new restaurant and bar that are planned.

Room Tip: King suite is significantly larger than the Queen, so consider upgrading if traveling with more than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend. Front desk staff was very accommodating in relation to our check-in and check-out times, working around our tee time. Had one of the best massages! Soaking pools were amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

There were many benefits to our stay at this resort. We got a great deal on the room, enjoyed the scenery, and loved the soaking pools. However, the room left much to be desired and made the benefits seems less valuable. We stayed in a deluxe mini suite. The reality of the room did not match the pictures online. The room was more than just dated. It was flat out worn down. The comforter on the bed had holes in it. The room was very humid. The walls were scuffed. There were weird smells and stains in every corner. It was the type of place that made me get out my disinfectant wipes before setting anything down. Needless to say, we were glad for the scenery and the soaking pools because it gave us an escape from the room. If the resort did a few inexpensive updates to the rooms, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been reading all of the reviews and am so sorry for the new owner!! Yeah the place might be a lilttle out dated in some of the rooms but all in all it is a small quiet place and so beautiful to look at!! I guess people just like to have something to complain about, instead of seeing the beauty in things!! I however enjoyed my stay and cant wait for the new upgrades that they have planned when I was talking to the new owne, he has a lot of work ahead of him but the outcome of the place is going to be so great that I cant wait to book again!!

If you love nature and feeling like your outdoors come here its great!! yea they dont have a resturant onsite for you to order room service but thats ok just go next door or bring some food!!

It makes me sad that all these people haave been posting bad reviews because the place is great and the staff is so nice!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Buena Park, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a discounted promotion to try a new place close enough to Temecula where we were going to go wine tasting. We were looking forward to a relaxing stay in a 'resort' setting.

First impression: There was a large area off to the left of the lobby entrance that was basically empty. It would have looked nice if it were furnished with couches/chairs/tables to look like an inviting lounge area. We were greeted by a lady (forgot her name) who was very friendly and courteous but it was uncomfortable to sit down with her at a desk to fill out an old-style information card for our stay. I looked over and saw that there was a counter where you would normally check in at in a hotel so I didn't understand why we were sitting at a desk. Maybe she thought it would be more intimate and the 'personal touch' but honestly, I felt like we were about to be given a time-share presentation.

The parking situation was odd. You don't park near your room. The parking lot was up a short but steep hill or we were offered to park on the street, at the end of a cul-de-sac used by golf carts. That didn't seem very inviting so we parked in the parking lot. When we got to the room, we had some difficulty getting the key to work (the key is not a key card, but an actual key for a handle lock). When we got into the room, it was a bit stuffy but not uncomfortable. Using the room however was not as friendly for the following reasons.

Balcony area: There were old metal framed patio chairs & table on the balcony that looked like they have seen one too many seasons. However, the cushions were still in decent enough condition and comfortable. When we went to sit down to enjoy our golf-course view we were disappointed that at eye-level was a wide board for the balcony framing. We could only see a portion of the golf course through a less than wide open slot or the freeway above that wide board. There is only a glass door (not a slider but actual door) to the balcony and it is the only way to get any fresh air in the room (outside of having the front entrance open). There are no windows and no screens to keep the bugs out however. The wall-width curtains only open right down the middle and when you try to open one side, both sides open. There was no way to only have half of the curtains open and leave the other half closed. Very old fashioned.

The room ammenities: There was an old-style tv (no input/output connections to connect to) sitting on a small round table stuffed into the corner of the room. Next to it was the small refrigerator sitting on the floor with the microwave sitting on top of it. The cords to all these items were bulked up in the back and sitting over the floor heating vent. Usually in a resort they offer you real glasses or at least cups that are in plastic covers for sanitary reasons. Not here. They only offered cardboard style cups you would see at a 7-11 without any sanitation covers on them. Who knows who's been handling those! While there were wall plugs, there were none that were convenient for using a laptop or to charge a phone without leaving the phone on the floor (also unsanitary). My husband had to pull out the nightstand for us to use the plug behind it. While the furninshing are in pretty decent condition, they were old and outdated. The comforter was scratchy and they didn't have any additional sleeping pillows in the closet. I had to try to make do with a flimsy, thin pillow that I tried to double over to get good neck support. I could have used one of their decorative pillows, but again they were of that scratchy comforter material. And the walls need to have better sound insulation installed. We could not only hear the conversation of the people next door to us, but being woken up in the middle of the night by our neighbor's 'intimate moments' was very frustrating. They must have been newlyweds because we did not get much sleep that night.

Bathroom: Overall the bathroom was old but clean and I like that they had the curved shower rod for the bath curtain. But the bathroom was inconvenient to use, The toilet was close to the wall and then there was all this open space in the other corner. A useage rack or table of some sort would have filled in the space and given a place to put your bath items on. There was no trash can in the actual bathroom area (only in the vanity area). Note to hotel managers...please have a trash can where women can easily dispose of their sanitary needs instead of making us set it on the floor to be thrown away later (ewe!).

Grounds: This is probably the best part of the resort. I thought the grounds were pretty, all-be-it limited in size, and I loved the colorful flower gardens. We didn't take advantage of the pool, hot spas, or fitness room so I can't comment on those.

Service Ammenities: No there is no room service (very unusual for a 'resort') and walking to the establishment next door is going down a dirt path with some wood stump steps. It would be very slippery/muddy if it were raining. My husband and I walked over to check it out but didn't stay because it wasn't very inviting. We drove down the street to the near-by RV campsite general store to pick up some munchies. When we booked this trip we had imagined being able to relax in the morning on the balcony with some coffee/fruit/pastries. Instead we were up at the crack of dawn, showering and packing to get out of there.

Overall, I'm surprised at the rates they would charge for this. When I think that I could pay about the same amount of money and be able to stay at one of the nice wineries in Temecula with luxury bedding, room service, fireplace and soundproof walls I wonder why anyone would stay here. I hate being so harsh but to call this a resort is misleading. Even with the discounted price, I feel my money would have been better used staying at a name brand hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tuscany Hills Resort? Share your experiences!