“Absolutely Loved the Place” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escondido
Zosa Ranch and Gardens Bed and Breakfast
9381 W. Lilac Road, Escondido, CA 92026   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Escondido B&B and Inns
La Jolla
“Absolutely Loved the Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful time at Zosa Gardens. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was amazing, the guava juice they serve was delicious. We will definitely be back. Thank you Zosa Gardens for a great weekend!

• Liked — The scenery, the staff, the food, Everything!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2006

We live in San Diego and going to Zosa gardens was a real treat. Friends of ours recommended Zosa as a close one or two day getaway. My husband and I booked 2 days and 1 night stay there. We were amazed that such a place existed so close to home. This little estate is nestled away from city life and gives you the feeling of being one with nature (in a comfortable setting) our room overlooked the big gazebo and we could hear the fountain from our window. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves so much we discussed that it would be nice to stay 2 more nights. On our third night we were dreading leaving this peaceful place. Since our first visit about a year ago we have been back four times with each visit being in a different room. The staff here really makes this place stand out; they allow you to relax and not crowed you or insist on going site seeing.

• Liked — The property is well kept
  • Disliked — could not stay longer
  • Tips/Secrets — It's best to bring you own fire logs
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

I'm surprised to see these past posting posted…..My husband and I stayed at Zosa gardens for our eighth anniversary. I admit we were very skeptical at first due to their website Zosargardens it is such a beautiful site. In the past my husband and I view great sites and when we check in to the place and find it is nothing like it "appears" to be or that is portrayed! But, Zosa was such a refreshing experience their website does no justice for this estate. My husband and I are going to renew our vows here. The staff was so helpful and charming from their recommendations for dinner to their knowledge of their surroundings. We loved this place and have already recommended it, to many of our friends. Our experience was wonderful ……

• Liked — The Company @ Happy Hour:)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay 2 nights
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St louis mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

Just the other night, I was recounting (again) the story of our horrendous stay at the Zosa Gardens. I thought I'd check in here to see what others said about their experience. Seems like a crappy time is the norm for Zosa.
It was quite a few years ago, in fact it was in or before 2000 that we stayed there.
Our" romantic lodging" turned out to be a cheaply decorated double wide manufactured building complete with bedbugs AND with someones' personal possessions in the closets. The place was surrounded by razor wire. Utterly charming. The phone rang constantly, all callers seeking someone named "Manny", who i assume was the party whose possessions filled the closets. Breakfast, served in a horrible dingy dining area, was only served at 9:30, but the heavy equipment began moving right outside our windows at 7am! We never bothered to wait for breakfast again.
Why did we stay? We had arrived exhausted, were charged for the week in advance before we saw the accommodations, and were made to actually sign a release that we would not prosecute for "damages and mental cruelty". I have health issues and travel wears me out... I would have slept on a park bench if that's where i had reserved. Didn't go on vacation to do battle with the hospitality industry either, so we toughed it out, but a friend in the business said I shouldn't just tell the story at dinner parties, should warn other travelers. True, so better late than never....
I have never, before or since had such a [----] for lodging, except in some very low budget third world places in my student days. And the release.... NEVER saw that before or since...
I think Zosa may still be listed in AAA. What ... a ...pit. Should be closed down. Do NOT stay here, Even the bare bones Best Western in nearby Fallbrook is a MUCH better value. At least at the Best Western, you don't awaken 150$ lighter in the wallet and covered in bites....

• Liked — Not one thing
  • Disliked — the hype
  • Tips/Secrets — Just don't go there. Period.
  • Stayed February 2002, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2003

My fiance' found Zosa to have the same problems. However, after many requests, we never even received a confirmaiton. The place is nice, but Pala Mesa is just up the road along the 15 and is MUCH MORE PROFESSIONAL.

Be wise, mason mortimer

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2003

I found the Zosa Ranch on the internet and decided that it would be the perfect place for my wedding night. So 2 months before the date, I made a reservation for the Cherry Blossom room. I sent in my credit card information, and received a prompt email confirmation from Noli. When I arrived at the Zosa Ranch on my wedding night, I was horrified to discover that the entire facility had been rented out to another party. I spoke with Noli, who claimed to be a manager and owner, and he said that he had never heard of me. I foolishly forgot to bring a hard copy of my email confirmation, so I could not prove my story. He was very rude and unapologetic, and he had no sympathy for my plight. I have since spoken with another employee of the Zosa Ranch, Isabelle. She admitted that I did indeed have a reservation, and that the room had been double booked. They had tried unsuccessfully to get a hold of me several days before the wedding, so that they could put me up in another bed and breakfast. She also confirmed to me that Noli had lied to my face about my apparent lack of a reservation. Isabelle was at least polite, but she made no offer to amend ruining my wedding night for me and my wife. There is no denying that Zosa Ranch has a beautiful facility, but this is how they conduct business and treat customers. Do yourself a favor, and stay far away from the Zosa Ranch. (Aside: I highly recommend the Chateau du Lac in Lake Arrowhead, operated by Kathy Graves. Kathy was able to put me up with 2 hours notice after my plans at Zosa Ranch fell through.)

Been to Zosa Ranch and Gardens Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!