“New Location” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 39 things to do in Escondido
More attraction details
Owner description: The Escondido Children's Museum features interactive, hands-on exhibits and activities that inspire children to learn about our world through exploration, imagination and experimentation.
Escondido, CA
14 attraction reviews
“New Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This museum has recently moved and needs to finish building things before it will be as great as it was in the new location. More space here but it lacks the charm of the old location.

Visited April 2012

Escondido, California
4 attraction reviews
“San Diego Children's Discovery Museum in Escondido”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was the first visit for us in their new location and I took two 7 yr olds with me. I had gone to the previous location once with one of the boys. The new location is a much better, nicer looking and newer building then the previous one. But I think it would be much better for toddlers. When we first got there they had a day camp thing going on already and there where just a few kids in the place so we could very easy walk around and check everything out. But shortly after that a bunch of kids from "YMCA" came in and the place got really crowded and loud. The boys I had with me got bored really fast and said it was too loud and too crowded so they wanted to go home after we had only been there about 30 mins. They also complained that there was hardly any paper in the arts and crafts area and most had already been folded up or crumpled up and used already. Also they said that when the kids came in from "YMCA" that those kids started taking other toys they were using from them. I can't help but wonder if they wouldn't have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so busy that day that we went, or if they were much younger kids, as a lot of the stuff seemed geared to that, like the dress up area. The outside garden and other stuff outside where not quite ready for us either that day, and a lot of it was taped off to keep us out of certain areas outside like the garden area was off limits. The price was reasonable to go in there, but I think we just picked a bad day or time maybe to go.

Visited June 2012
Lodi, California
11 attraction reviews
“Great for younger children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We took our grandchildren ages 7 to 10 and they were too old for this museum. I was impressed at all the hands on activities they had. I think this is a grat place for kids 6 and younger. Preschool age.

Visited June 2012
USA
5 attraction reviews
“Neat place for small kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I took my 7 year old son here for the first time last month. It is small, but has A LOT of interactive kid-size exhibits that really fired his imagination. It's a different pace to the usual large children's museums that are around (and are great too) but it's nice to just let the kids do their own thing in a small space where they won't get lost. There is a separate toddler play area too. Very well worth the admission price of $5 each - we are always on the look-out for economically-priced family attractions.

Visited October 2011
San Diego, California
38 attraction reviews
“Perfect for young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Easy to visit , great play area, climbing treehouse area, crafts area, bubble, legos, little garden and old fashioned schoolhouse. A childs make believe morning. Lots of fun things to stay busy with...you can even bring your lunch. Not to crowded during the week Many fun activities to keep little folks busy.

Grammy Sharon