“excellent gelato” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Las Vegas, Nevada
“excellent gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is just a hole in the wall type of place so don't expect a sit down experience and they don't take credit cards, they do take debit cards and cash. Gelato is excellent, I had amaretto and rum cappuccino, delicious, we ate as we walked around doing a little window shopping but there are benches nearby if you want to sit.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Spot in North San Diego County”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Bubby's is tucked away in the middle of The Lumberyard Shops along the historic 101. They offers amazingly rich gelato that is perfect for both young and old, along with a small menu of sandwhiches and lunch time fair.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Delicious gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a very enjoyable dessert. There were many flavors to choose from. I had the expresso chip. It was very flavorful and creamy. My husband and nephew liked theirs too. The server let me sample and was friendly,

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Encinitas, California
“not the same anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am an x-fan I am so sorry to say. I went in with a friend a few days ago and was treated by a lovely woman who was super friendly. I tried a few types of gelato but the truth is we were headed to a chocolate store near for a piece of chocolate. We went to the other store and unfortunately they also had gelato,

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“No Flavor Gelato”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I are traveling in the San Diego area and wanted gelato. We went on line for some reviews and came up with Bubby's in Encinitas. I ordered a chocolate fudge from a surly woman and my husband ordered chocolate chip. The gelato had absolutely no taste -- flavorless. My husband's was vanilla with chocolate chips -- the chips tasted like chocolate. The reviews on this place were so high that I thought "How could we miss?" Apparently, the reviewers have never had REAL GELATO (in Rome, for instance -- but many places have real and true flavored gelato.) Not this place! Give it a miss.

• Visited October 2012