“Short stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn - Encinitas

You added Rodeway Inn - Encinitas to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1444 N Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024 (Formerly Ocean Inn Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed for one night here after a recommendation from my mom. Originally had booked a room for Sunday and had to change the day to Thursday, so called the day before and spoke to a man on the phone who was very friendly and helpful in switching the reservation. Then we got in pretty late and luckily caught the front desk lady before she left. She was also very friendly, let me know she was leaving and if I had any problems that there was someone on staff that could be reached. Everyone I encountered working there was nothing but nice to me and my boyfriend. The room was simple but clean, a very no frills type of place but serves its purpose if you just need a place to crash on vacation. It is also located in a convenient/neat area (the man who was there when we checked out suggested going to the meditation gardens which we did and had a nice walk after our breakfast!) Overall it is definitely worth the price, will come back again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vik G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, January 10, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I used to vacation in Encinitas and wanted a nice place to stay. I booked my room here as a solo traveler. I love this place! It is so clean and quaint. The front desk was always friendly. The complaint about the noise from the train makes me laugh because any coastal town from Orange County to San Diego has this problem. The beach access was easy to find and great parking. The hotel located away from the downtown business but close to the action. I will book again when I visit Encinitas again. The bed was super comfortable and I slept well. I'm not a good sleeper. I liked the decorations and the room was super clean and cozy just the way I like it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Vik G, Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend during the busy summertime. A clean place, very nice people running the place, but the rooms are just adequate. Leucadia/Encinitas is very kickback, lots to see in the area, a short walk to the beach, and cool weather make it all worth while. If you're not looking for a 4 star hotel and want a local 'beach motel' feel, it's a good pick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vik G, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
avondale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Pulled back the sheets to the bed to find blood stains in many different places. Very distusting and unsanitary. I called the front desk to inform them about the sheets and she wanted me to come get new ones and change them myself. I talked her into bringing them to my room, but I had to change the sheets. The blanket on the bed is very poor quality. Towels are very worn and few of them were also stained. The corners of the carpet are not vacuumed and under the furniture there was trash. My baby kept trying to eat little pieces of trash on the floor. Ewww...
The TV was very fuzzy.
Breakfast is orange punch, toast, & danish in a plastic wrapper. Located only 5-8 minutes from Legoland.
The room was decent sized.

Room Tip: Stay towards the back as there is a fast movng train and road near the front
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We got to the hotel late at night with two small children.I pulled back the sheets and they were so gross!! I made my husband take the gross, stained, hairy sheets off and go get new ones!!! The carpet was gross and I wouldnt let my kids walk on it without shoes. The curtains were old and dusty and looked like they needed to be thrown away. The "oj" in the morning wasnt oj or even tang....it was sunny delite. The people that ran the place were nice and helpful. The beach was not visable from the hotel and is actually pretty far away. Over all it was in a good location, the people were friendly, and it didnt have bed bugs! And there is a really cute great little coffee shop a few blocks away that had great food and nice staff.

Room Tip: get a room in the back away from the train and traffic.....and get a room on the bottom floor becaus...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We recently returned from a weeklong visit with our church group to beautiful San DIego and were fortunate to stay at the Ocean Inn Hotel. Victor and Kirti are wonderful caretakers and made our group of 13 feel most welcome and quite at home. The rooms are good sized and have everything necessary for a pleasant stay...including microwave and small refrigerator in each room. There is a great donut shop on the corner of 101 and Avocado, if you want to vary from the provided continental breakfast at the hotel (by the way... the coffee is delicious at Ocean Inn). And also, the German staff member is a delight! I didn't even mention the easy accessibility to the Ocean. We enjoyed our walks to the beach each morning and several evenings when we arrived back in time! All in all it was a wonderful stay ...especially the Sunday service at Elevate Church in Torrey Pines. If you are thinking of a visit to the greater San Diego area, Ocean Inn is a great place to call home base.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Ocean Inn is an older motor lodge near the Carlsbad state beach. The people are friendly, the rooms clean, and everything well maintained. The beds and pillows are hard and the units somewhat noisy due to the cars parking outside your window-bottom floor problem only. I had to give the place an average rating because the place is average. However, it is also somewhat charming and reminded me of travels with my parents as a kid.
I would recommend this little spot to a friend-because of its value, cleanliness and staff friendliness

Room Tip: second floor will be quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn - Encinitas? Share your experiences!