“hojo in escondido” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Encinitas Near Legoland Area

You added Howard Johnson Encinitas Near Legoland Area to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Encinitas Near Legoland Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   607 Leucadia Blvd, Interstate 5 & Leucadia Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
CASTAIC
“hojo in escondido”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Average hotel. Front office staff remediated problem with first room, by assigning another room that was suitable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We planned to visit San Diego Zoo last week and also decided to stay at Howard Johnson Encinitas. Check-in was very welcoming, Julian at the desk was very polite and friendly which made us feel welcomed. We met Mr. Steve the GM of the hotel, he was professional and knowledgeable. Finally we got to the room, the room wasn't that wide but the way they put things in place makes it spacious, sofa was nice and clean. It's a good idea that the sink is separate from the bath and toilet. Fridge, microwave, coffee brewer and all that stuff was available in the room. We are on the ground floor and the outside pool and Jacuzzi was right in front of our door (one of the things that made us happy). We needed some extra towels and plate for the microwave and Rob, the night personnel was very kind and gave us what we needed (thanks man). The pool and Jacuzzi was clean and water is clear, thanks to Mauricio the maintenance of the hotel (good job). After that relaxing Jacuzzi, we wanted to go bar hopping and Rob at the desk was very helpful, he gave us direction to the area. On our way back we saw David the night audit, he was friendly, thoughtful and funny. The night was very quite, the bed was very comfortable. They also have a lot of channels on the television. In the morning they have a complimentary breakfast for all the guest no matter what rate you paid. Thanks for all the staff at Howard Johnson Encinitas we had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LEAGUE CITY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel has gone down hill since our last stay. We always stayed every year, but sadly we will not be returning. staf member , Rob was a rude demeaning arrogant jerk kid. No customer service skills at all.
The rooms were gross, and we had extra guests: Fleas!!!! it was an awful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Whittier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Consistently good (better than some of the other hotels in this price range in this area) in service, rates, and cleanliness. Close to freeway and shopping. A decent value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

LAS VEGAS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Bug infested.. FLEAS!!! I will tell everyone to stay clear of ALL Howard Johnson's... I travel 45 weeks a year and have NEVER had such a poor experience ... Closed swimming pool, out of order Juice machine at breakfast, parking spaces so small I couldn't open my car door, door key didn't work all the time, and the worst... My room was infested with FLEAS, and it had a strange OLD room smell.... Never again will I stay at a Howard Johnson hotel... And I will tell all of my coworkers nation wide of my experience !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Orange County
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't keep my pet here. Riddled with pimps and hookers...jacuzzi was gross and rooms were extremely average at best. Freeway noise was horrible... Barely got any sleep. Not recommended. Spoke with a staff member about the "strange" goings on here and he told me about issues with the ladies of the night and their pimps. He told
Me they work out of here often and told me that there was nothing they could do about it. I contacted corporate and got nowhere. There was a few cops that drove thru at night. I thought i was In a downtown motel, not beautiful Encinitas. Shameful

• Stayed July 2012
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I live in the area, but needed a room for two nights. All of the area hotels were full or had doubled their rates in August, so this was the only option available with wifi. The exterior is quite run-down, with very close parking adjacent to the freeway. I was concerned at first that I'd be uncomfortable as there appeared to be many workers staying there with large pick-up trucks in the lot.

However, the room was comfortable with a couch, microwave and fridge and clean bathroom. The pool was outside my room, but it was not very busy on a weeknight, and quiet by 10 pm. The staff was friendly and breakfast of boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc. OK.

For tourists who are at Legoland, or the beach all day, it's a place to and have a way to store snacks or nuke food.

** Note- I priced several options on hotels.com & priceline, but going to the hojo website directly got me the best rate (20%less) with no pre-payment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Howard Johnson Encinitas Near Legoland Area? Share your experiences!