When we got there no one was at the front desk. Took a while for someone to come. Room was on the 3rd floor and there was a distant view of the ocean and the freeway and stores around. There was a balcony and its fully blocked in not wood. This is a pet friendly hotel. Pets are taken to the first floor where there is a small grass area next to the pool and the breakfast room. There is no grass otherwise around the hotel. Problem is there is a lot of dogs there and lots of barking in the rooms and other dogs have peed on the building or walls not near the dog grass area and left big puddles from the big dogs there and dog poo was left by people not picked up and yes there is a waste disposal right there and there was dog poo on the pavement and a lot far away from this area. Also people next to this dog grass area in a room there were coming in and out and making a lot of noise and dogs would not go due to this. There was a lot of dogs there that were not people friendly or dog friendly and would bark and growl and try to get to the guests there. We have been to other pet friendly hotels and nothing like this we have seen before and there was no waste bags at the pet relief area for the whole stay. It also smelled of dog urine all over. If you go there go to the upper floors and away from the lower first floor where the dog relief grass is. The set up in the hotel room is not good. You come in and face a desk that is in the way and when you sit in the chair for the desk your back is to the door and the bed has lower wood sharp corners that can get your shins. The mattress was fine. There was no microwave but a small fridge and a small Keugig coffee maker and no tea bags. Lower shower door was badly rusted and shower is warm but weak.
The outside of the building looks very nice and they have a structure for parking or outside parking around the back. There is free internet and breakfast. No charge parking. The elevator when you get in bounces some before it will go down and its rather small and smells of dog urine. When we needed a wake up call there was no answer at front desk and we tried 9 times before they answered and it took over 20 minutes for anyone to answer. We were about to go down when finally they answered. Unless you need a pet friendly hotel look around and even then look around. Pet waste all over is not a good thing or getting it on your shoe...
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach Hotel
- Best Western Encinitas Inn And Suites At Moonlight Beach
- Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach Hotel Encinitas
- Best Western Encinitas
- Best Western Encinitas Hotel
- Encinitas Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque shoreline of Moonlight Beach, Encinitas Inn & Suites, a Best Western International Hotel, is the perfect place for business or pleasure. Just 30 minutes from the San Diego International Airport, the hotel is at the center of all major San Diego attractions. We at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites in California pride ourselves in providing prompt and friendly service to our customers. Enjoy your visit in Encinitas while staying in our comfortable and spacious rooms of Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites equipped with all the amenities you'll need. Check out the current rates and visit our specials for the latest discounts available to our online visitors. All the rooms at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites are exceptionally clean and comfortable. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, remote controlled cable television including HBO, king and queen size beds, coffee maker, hairdryer, refrigerator, air-conditioning etc., make your visit memorable and relaxing. King and Queen Suites are some of the specialties, which we provide to our customers. Enjoy a day relaxing around our pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Best Western, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.