“Great place for leisure - not for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach

You added BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach
85 Encinitas Blvd., Encinitas, CA 92024   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
SteveEsteban
“Great place for leisure - not for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

They use a wifi provider called Ethostream that was down as often as it was working. Other than that the hotel is very good. Access to the freeway and the train station (I prefer the train) are great. Moonlight Beach and the cute business and dining strip of Encinitas are blocks away. I have been there several times and enjoyed it every time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011 via mobile

This hotel delivers on all levels. The location is great - right off the freeway, walking distance to local and quaint shopping, restaurants, etc and just a few blocks from the ocean. The staff is friendly, attentive and professional. The rooms are modern, spacious, and exceptionally clean with outrageously comfortable beds. I was lucky enough to have a room on the third floor with a large terrace that overlooked the ocean. An amazing way to start and finish the day. I will stay here again and recommend this hotel to many... It is an incredible value.

• Stayed April 2011
Cbelt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It pleases us very much that you took the time to recommend us. We are always striving to improve in any way possible. We look forward to having you here as a guest once again. Please call me directly and I will be happy to accomidate you.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

My husband and I have stayed her during our wedding week (we got married in Encinitas), along with most of our guests, have been back during family visits, and a few other times. The rooms are nothing fancy, but it's worth the money and value for easy beach access - and fun stay in north county San Diego. We also used to live in San Diego, so we know the area / beaches very well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cbelt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comment. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guest once again. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you.

760-942-7455
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The nice thing about this hotel was the location. The hotel is only about two blocks away from all the shops and restaurants in Encinitas on HWY 101. Also, we could upgrade to an ocean view for only ten dollars more.
The pool was very nice for a motel. The landscaping around the pool was nice too. Although, they should have pool towels available at the pool. The jacuzzi and pool could use more cleaning too. Also, the ladies bathroom by the pool is always blocked with garbage - lots of garbage from the breakfast spot. It is kind of gross and creepy to get past all those piles of trash to get to the bathroom. Yuck! I kept thinking a rat would jump out or something.
The hotel could use some renovations but it as mostly comfortable.
The free breakfast was pretty bad so we ended up eating out every morning.
Parking is free and easy.
Another problem was the spiders! There were spiders in the room on the lights outside the room door - everywhere! We even had a spider run across our table at the Japanese sushi restaurant connected to the hotel. They definitely need to exterminate.
All in all we had a good experience and may return again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment. We are striving to improve our service and amenities here. I do invite you to stay with us again. Summer is around the corner and that is our best season here in Encinitas.

I look forward to having you as a guest once again.

los angeles, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I was looking forward to a weekend away. I chose to stay here, one step up from the Quality Inn, and willing to pay for it, so I could have a nice weekend. I had booked a smoking room but once I arrived found every room had a huge balcony that allowed smoking so I asked for a non-smoking room, coz they're usually not as smelly. They kindly accomodated me, but the room wasn't ready. So they said to come back in an hour. I came back two hours later. The room still wasn't ready. I found this out by making my way to the room only to find the maid there. The man at the front desk had made a joke about storing my luggage and as I went back and forth from the lobby towing my luggage he made another joke (also, the key was programmed incorrectly once I tried to enter the room) . Once I got in the room, it was clean enough, for a motel but not what I expected from the BW. There were children's hand prints all over the sliding doors and the soap tray in the shower contained hair from a razor. ICK. I am sure it was because the maid was hurried and I told the guy at the desk that. But he assured me they had enough time to clean. Anyway, I probably should have stayed at the Quality Inn where I had lowered expectations.
The location is nice. But you do have to climb the hill to the hotel from the beach and hwy 101. If you take the path it's faster. But on several occasions I found homeless people camped out right next to the path.
The hotel is convenient but not worth the money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

After comparing the Best Western and the Marriott (Solano Beach), we decided to stay here because it had ocean views. My only major complaint about this hotel (despite what I read in previous reviews) are the train tracks close by. It was loud. The train passed by numerous (at least 6-8 times) times a day and every time the whistle blew. We heard it as early as 7:30am and as late as 12:00am. We were traveling with a 9 month old, who is a light sleeper at home, but thankfully he never woke up. But, don't be mislead, it was very loud. Anyone who has trouble sleeping may want to consider a different hotel.

That said, this hotel surprised me. It was clean. The king bed was very comforatable. The continental breakfast was average. (I suggest St. Tropez for breakfast. Its a few blocks from the hotel.) The location was great. Easy access to downtown Encinitas and close to the highway. The ocean view was nice. The hotel balconies were set up so every room has a view. Sunsets were great.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Chandler, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We've been here several times before and had nice stays, but something must have happened with this location. This recent stay was admittedly during Spring Break, but supposedly this location caters to families and has a tranquil and peaceful environment. But this time was very noisy, we couldn't get good sleep, and the front desk didn't seem too concerned. Neither did the front desk when we checked out ... just a mild "oh sorry, that doesn't usually happen". Basically they had what seemed like several groups at the place, and people from those groups were running back and forth from room to room until very late at night. Talking outside our room very loudly, shouting, slamming doors every couple minutes. Sudden shouting and profanities at 3am right outside our room. Our young children and we were just trying to relax and rest for the coming day. A call to the front desk wasn't helpful, since apparently there was no security personnel, so I was basically asked to try to pinpoint where the noises were coming from. I wanted to rest, not wander outside in my pijamas to investigate issues with rowdy guests. So while this hotel itself and its location are nice, they don't seem very prepared to handle disruptive behavior and limit its impact on other guests who aren't partying until the late hours. We used to recommend this place to our friends, but not sure any more...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach? Share your experiences!