“This is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Moonlight Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Encinitas
Inn at Moonlight Beach
105 N. Vulcan Ave, Encinitas, CA 92024   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Huntington Beach, California
“This is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

The Inn at Moonlight Beach is a lovely B&B with friendly, accomodating owners. The property is very clean, and in a great loaction. There are trains nearby, but we adapted quickly. The breakfast is fresh, healthy and delicious. Not gourmet, but simple and delightful. Fresh baked goods, fresh fruit and coffee.

The town is very cute. Nice beaches, numerous restaurants, lovely meditation garden, and a quaint movie theatre built in the 1920's is still showing films.

The owners give a lot of suggestions on where to dine, and visit.

The penthouse has a private deck and jaccuzzi, with a distant ocean view that is charming. We will definately go again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We loved our one night stay at the Inn on Moonlight Beach. We were there celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary on a Tuesday. We loved being so close to the ocean...fresh air all night. The occasional sound of the train reminded me of home (Nebraska). We had such detailed email information from Terry since the beginning of our reservations (including details about the room, hot tub, breakfast, trains, beaches, places to eat, sites to see and very big welcome) that we had no questions when we arrived. The accomodations were first rate with the details in service outstanding. We plan to schedule another stay next month because it was so relaxing. Bed was wonderful to sleep on as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I stayed at the inn for my 31st birthday and it was a wonderful experience. I received email correspondence with detailed information, and got quick responses to my questions beforehand. Upon arrival I was welcomed by the owners, shown to my room and felt comfortable to ask for help with anything if I needed it. It was a worthwhile investment to stay in the penthouse and I came and went as I pleased. Most mornings I enjoyed a run on the beach and returned to have breakfast waiting for me on the patio! The trains nearby are loud, but they also provide a great way to see the coast and go to downtown San Diego. My stay was short, but such a healing, rejuvenating, and worthwhile experience. The town of Encinitas is great, it's a very "walk friendly" area, I felt very safe. Worth EVERY penny!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We loved our visit to Inn at Moonlight Beach. For the week before our arrival we had updates of places to eat and places to visit arrive in our e-mail which lent a welcoming feel to our destination. It cut the hustle and bustle of San Diego, giving us something close enough without stressing! Breakfasts were tasty with homemade breads and muffins included. Beach gear was ours for the asking. Parking was adequate for everyone there for a stay. The only possible drawback was the Coaster commuter train that ran by the Inn, but it was mentioned as we made our reservations and was not a surprise. Actually, I loved its welcoming sound. The beaches here are just great with fine-granular sand. The little town of Encinitas is the picture perfect Beach Boys trendy town with good restaurants and a lot of energy. Also a traveler's delight was the offering of advice on where to travel and roads to best get you there. Delightful place to stay and highly recommended for the cozy feel and true relaxation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I needed to get out of the city and found this wonderful Inn in Encinitas. Though I was ideally looking for an Inn on the beach, this one certainly didn't disapoint me, not in cleanliness, friendliness, accessibility not to forget the very healthy and well prepared breakfast of fruits and delicious croissant (of which I have had many, seeing I live in Paris!).
Many thanks for giving me exactly what I had come for: a relaxing Saturday evening, away from traffic, close to the beach, with nice people and a good bed!
Kirsten

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

It was a bad experience!!! The Hot Tub which supposed to be the only one that makes this INN a great choice was not working right at the time we stayed in their Penthouse room. The train comes by more often on weekdays and it is so close to a busy street. The only time we heard the Ocean is only on a Saturday AM when the streets nearby are not busy. With the price I paid to this INN we were expecting more.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
thunefeld, owner at Inn at Moonlight Beach, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Ann and Terry strive to provide a world-class experience for our guests as indicated by other reviews on TripAdvisor. Accurate information about the nearby trains and distance to the ocean (3 blocks) are clearly described in text and maps on multiple locations of our website. Hot tub instructions are posted on the website and in the room. Signs at the hot tub clearly state “please do not touch the controls except to turn the jets on and off.” This guest called us at 9:30 p.m. and again at midnight reporting that the hot tub was not heating. Both times Terry responded immediately, both times he found the controls had been tampered with, and reset the controls. No other guest has ever reported a problem with our state-of-the-art hot tub. We take great pride in providing a detailed website that clearly describes the experience that our guests can expect. We regret this review as we do our very best to make our guests feel at home in our romantic inn near the sea.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We stayed in the Penthouse Suite - and it was really nice. There's a patio with a view of the ocean (about a mile away), and I just loved the hot tub. Breakfast is waiting at your door when you wake up and was delicious (sort of a continental breakfast - but nicer). Room was clean an comfortable, and I felt like my money was well spent. I'd recommend this place to my friends and family...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Moonlight Beach? Share your experiences!