“Top of the Line” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Moonlight Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Encinitas
Inn at Moonlight Beach
Ranked #2 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Top of the Line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We are very experienced B&B travelers, and can safely say there is none better than this cozy little inn in Encinitas. Our room (Seabreeze) is small but beautifully furnished with a bed and and two Drexel chairs which were all most comfortable. The breakfast, beginning with the prettiest fruit plate we've ever seen, followed by home-baked fresh coffee-cakes or quiche or breads and accompanying yogurt, cereal and great coffee is a perfect way to start the day. The owners, Ann and Terry, are delightful hosts and can help with any question or problem you might have regarding Encinitas and the surrounding areas.
There are many lounges and chairs in the garden, which is artfully planted and furnished with and interesting variety of pots, urns, and tables. Hummingbirds flock around their feeders.
There are "peek-a-boo" views of the ocean, which is an easy ten minute walk.
Wouldn't change a thing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The place is pretty and the hostess is nice. Breakfast was healthy and yummy. I enjoyed the comfort of my room which had an recliner where I could read before bedtime. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

Room Tip: The Beach room is on the end with an extra bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Idyllwild
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in August so I could attend a grant writing seminar for my work. Staying at the Inn at Moonlight Beach made a boring, business trip much nicer. I am not a good traveler and I normally feel very uncomfortable in a hotel or inn, however, I felt right at home here. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. I loved the breakfast each morning and Ann was very friendly, but not hovering. The only problem we had was that we happened to be there during a heat wave and there was no air conditioning in the room. Other than that, everything was perfect. Would love to stay here again when I am in the area for pleasure and not business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our several days at the Inn at Moonlight Beach in the Penthouse Suite. Even though it was a few months ago now I have really vivid memories of the trip and the lodge. The food was terrific! Just be sure to bring sunscreen. The cooler weather and overcast skies fooled us on this trip. The beach is right there and you will want to spend time lounging for a few hours and you could get burned like we did :) Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Whether you stay in the Encinitas area or plan a day trip or two to San Diego, the Inn at Moonlight Beach is THE place to stay.

The inn’s best feature is its easy access to Moonlight Beach—one of the most lovely beaches on the California coast—and the charming beach town of Encinitas. After a day of driving from Phoenix to Encinitas in Friday night California rush-hour traffic, we were relieved to find that we could just park our car at the inn for the entire 3 days if we wanted and walk to restaurants and shops. However, since we were celebrating an anniversary, we chose one evening to drive to a more distant restaurant, Pacifica Del Mar (recommended by our hosts).

Our hosts were preparing to leave the next morning for a weekend away, so we only got to meet Ann (and doggie Max). She was very gracious and welcomed us to our suite with fresh roses and chocolate covered strawberries for the occasion. We were sorry that we didn’t get to meet husband Terry, who I believe is the author of all the very helpful communiqués we received prior to our arrival regarding their policies, favorite restaurants, and local attractions. However, we enjoyed chatting with Greg, who very ably assists in the inn’s operation.

We found our room to be pleasantly furnished and impeccably clean, providing all that we needed for our 3-night stay. That included a very comfortable bed and a spa-like bath. If there were trains after 9:00 pm (which I don’t believe there were), we slept too soundly to hear them. During the day, the train whistles were a pleasant reminder that San Diego is just a short hop away! The grounds are quite Zen and well-kept—with lots of flowers, interesting water features, and hummingbirds galore! Although the inn doesn’t offer a view of the beach, we could see the ocean from our Penthouse suite—through the treetops when the marine layer lifted. It felt safe and was so refreshing to be able to leave doors and windows open to catch the ocean breeze.

We don’t require heavy breakfasts and found the Continental breakfast offerings much to our liking before a stroll on the beach—especially the artistically prepared fresh fruit plates and delicious muffins (my favorite tasted more like coffee cake). Oh, and good coffee (Starbucks) is always appreciated!

We were having such a relaxing time in Encinitas, we decided to go to San Diego another time!

Room Tip: The Penthouse has a balcony and ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very comfortable, clean, relaxing, cozy beds and quiet. The owners Ann and Terry were away and we were extremely well taken care of by Greg and Jane. Each morning there was a fresh fruit plate and homemade goodies waiting for us. There is a "warning" about the train noise but it was not an issue at all. Walk to the beach and a great pizza/pasta restaurant. I came for family business but will chose to stay here next time for vacation. Very happy!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I had the best time possible in the San Diego. The moonlight room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Ann and Terry made us feel right at home. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Moonlight Beach? Share your experiences!