“Simple and Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
California
“Simple and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was very clean. Old, small motel. About 2 miles from the main part of Encinitas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bothell, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I arrived at 1 pm Monday, no one there but the Maids. The neon sign said " no vacancy "! but - No cars, no Mgt. I asked a maid to show me a room. I liked #20, asked if it was available. Said I would have to wait for the Mgt. I asked when would they come- she said about 20 Min. As I had a reservation thru Expedia I waited...came back still no one, asked the helpful maid to call. I talked to the guy and explaied my situation. He arrived shortly and that's when the problem started. he walked me into a small hallway slid open a window 2'x2' didn't say any thing.I asked if I could have room 20,Said It wasn't available and I would have to go (refused) because I asked to many Q's?!

Room Tip: don't Ask why he assigns w/out ?
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and I was unaware they even had a maid service, so I didn't remove any of my items from the bed, they broke my expensive bottle of perfume and uncovered all of my son's birthday presents so he saw everything I bought him before his birthday and they refused to pay for my perfume. I will NEVER stay here again. The rooms are super small, but close to the ocean, many hotels are near the ocean though. The manager is very rude and useless. The only compensation offered to me was an apology, which fixes absolutely nothing. Never stay here!

• Stayed April 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011 via mobile

No room service, made complaint, no response. Be careful they photocopy your credit card, scary. I've already notified my cc company of this to prevent possible fraudulent charges.

• Stayed March 2011
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I try to find the older motels to stay in when we take our road trips. This one is going to be added to our list and we will return. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but the shower was large and the hot water was instant. There is a railroad track quite close, but the trains past fast and it is only noisy for a few seconds. It did not disturb our sleep in any way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Washougal, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving. It was fine for the most part, the bed was really hard and rickety.....sleeping pills recommended.....the room was fairly clean, kitchenette handy. The shower was interesting, don't give up on the hot water, it will come....eventually. In all, we had an OK stay. It was fairly quiet and handy for our needs. Very difficult to get a hold of the office to make a reservation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Stayed 2 nights. Found the room very clean and spacious. Had small kitchen which was great traveling with kids! Great restaurants nearby (try Captn Kenos- fed whole family huge meal for $20!! - just bring cash as they don't take debit cards) Guy at desk very friendly and informative. The only drawback, no fault of the hotel, was it was a little further walk to the beach than we hoped - took about 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Leucadia Beach Inn? Share your experiences!