“Weidner's Is Always My First Choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 8 Attractions in Encinitas
Type: Gardens, Farms, Outdoors
Encinitas, California, USA
“Weidner's Is Always My First Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Not only does it have a great, "welcome to our family" feel, their wide selection of plants is a big draw for me. Their vegetables have always done far better than any other local nursery's I may have been silly enough to purchase from. They are very knowledgable and seem to love what they do and that comes across in their customer service. Always my first stop and most of the time my only!

Visited July 2012

“Wonderful nursery with fantastic owner....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have been going to this nursery for over 10 years...we love supporting a local grower, Evelyn (who is over 80 years old but still works there with her daughters). They have beautiful potted hanging baskets that make great gifts.

Visited May 2012
Encinitas, California
43 attraction reviews
“Weidner's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Take your shovel, gloves and pots and dig up begonias to take home to your garden.  Beautiful colors!

San Diego
3 attraction reviews
“Nice gardening destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a great owners gardening stop. For the kids there are two ponies and a bunch of kids activities, houses etc. the owner is very knowlegable about gardening and very helpful. We bought our holiday poinsettias here and she was helpful and gave free evergreens. Highly recommended for your gardening stop. They also do lots of fun events all year.

San Diego
37 attraction reviews
“Evelyn knows her stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Dig your own or select a beautifully presented basket of plants. A trip to Weidner's will add instant color to your garden, and Evelyn Weidner and her staff will give you the advice and printed instructions for keeping the plants happy all season long. My annual purchase of a huge impatiens basket brightens my front porch all year (for less than $10). Every time I visit, there is something new, as well as the reliables - and always the smiles from the friendly staff.

Been to Weidner's Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Weidner's Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.