“Great Lasagne - which reinforces the reputation” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Firenze Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 219 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester / Encinitas Blvd
Description: Firenze Trattoria is a friendly, elegant San Diego Italian Restaurant for people who love fresh Italian food and enjoyable dining. We offer one of the best Italian dining experiences in San Diego!
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Lasagne - which reinforces the reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had been told this place had a truly great lasagne. Turns out they were right. It was served in a huge portion, lovely bechamel sauce. Nice wine list, try a Super Tuscan with the lasagne, have the waiter decant it - that really brings out the meat flavors. The desserts were very good too - I tried the Bourbon Butter Pecan Gelato - outstanding!

We sat outside - they have plenty of heaters to keep you comfortable on cool Californian nights. Overall a nice place but you might have to work to get the waitstaff's attention.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boca Raton, Florida
“Wonderful! Love Firenze!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had the pleasure of experiencing the sumptuous, happy hour at Firenze on a recent Thursday evening.They offer an extensive menu of appetizer delights,and a full bar including everything one might be looking for from wine,beer to cocktails.I had a most refreshing,tasting Basil-Citroen martini.New to the menu,it greatly appealed to me and and to a few patrons sitting at the bar who I offered a taste to.Quite refreshing.Impossible to drink just 1.The food was top-notch.THE most tender,non greasy in any way, Calamari,served with a wonderful marinara sauce.The eggplant rollatini,roasted brussel sprouts and chicken parm all equally succulent,flavorful and cooked perfectly.And served hot!Often not the case in other Italian restaurants.The staff at the bar are very friendly and hospitable and go out of their way to accommodate their patrons in a very pleasant manner.Needless to say,after that happy hour I couldn't possibly ingest more so I needed to come back for dinner,which I did on the following Saturday night with my son.Again, we had a 1st-class experience from the warm,welcoming hostess,busboy and waitress,the entire staff here appears sincerely eager to make the dining experience a memorable one.Which they certainly did.I had a moist,perfectly cooked snapper dish on a bed of spinach and my son had the combination eggplant-chicken parm,which also was tender,succulent and was a portion too difficult to finish.The drinks again were executed to perfection.Decadent chocolate cake and tiramisu ended the meal with splendor.My kudos go out to the entire staff,both inside and outside of the kitchen for a job very well done.It is obvious that all those involved in Firenze enjoy and appreciate their job,which translates to the patron,making this establishment a place not to be missed if you are in the area.I can't wait to return.Thank you Firenze!

• Visited January 2014
Rancho Santa Fe, California
“By far my favorite restaurant in San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am a retired businessman. When I had my company, I demanded excellence from my business, employees, and especially myself. This is why Firenze is my favorite restaurant. Excellent service, fantastic quality, wonderful atmosphere. Great place to relax and enjoy a meal and take as much time as needed, never feeling rushed. The staff remembers me each time I go there. Love the Chicken Marsala! Tried the happy hour menu for the first time last week, and must have tried nearly everything on it! A must on anyone's list that expects the best!

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Great restaurant experience if you are in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I were on a vacation to San-Diego. We were staying in Encinitas and were loooking for good Italian food. We looked on Google and found Firenze. We were thrilled to have such great food, terrific, friendly service in a great setting! We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone living in the area or passing through San Diego.

• Visited December 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My son, friend and I went to experience this place we have been driving by for years. What a mistake. Now I know why my friends never suggest it as a good place to dine. The food was overpriced and mediocre. The drinks high. I don't even think they made the food there is was so poorly done. Everything was ala carte. The salad was limp from too much dressing and sitting around too long. I believe the salad was $15 alone.

Perhaps some will be willing to pay to sit outside and look at the view from the patio---but go to La Valencia instead.

• Visited December 2013