“Good food and beer, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
UNION Kitchen & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 219 Restaurants in Encinitas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: J Street
Description: UNION Kitchen & Tap offers New American Cuisine in an inviting, warm, and comfortable restaurant setting. The frequently changing menu relies heavily on organic, local ingredients and offer a variety of options to choose from including seasonal salads, hearty sandwiches, and a number of signature dishes for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. UNION Kitchen & Tap also offers a full complement of local craft beers, small vintage wines, and signature cocktails.
Cedar Park TX
“Good food and beer, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stopped in here on a Sunday afternoon while we were staying in Encinitas. I had the Chicken Pesto flatbread and my wife had the pulled pork sliders. Both entrees were very good and our waitress was attentive even though the place was very busy. The only thing I might suggest would be to have a beer sampler. I asked the waitress about it, she said they didn't have a sampler but she could bring me something to taste, which she did, but I didn't want to keep asking her so I just stuck with a couple that I liked. We were visiting from Texas, would have been nice to try several different local beers. All in all, nice place and we would probably go back if we were in the area again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great brunch choices and cocktails! Good place for hanging with friends and family. Breakfast flat bread and sausages were a hit!

Baltimore
“NFL Ticket Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Being from the east coast, I was glad to find a great place for brunch and football. Draft selection is pretty impressive as well. The food and service were great. Would definitely recommend for a casual meal. Had a seat next to the open windows with great people watching on the street.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, California
“Awesome food and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

For Saturday lunch the food and service were perfect. Fun brewery style atmosphere. We are not young but didn't find it loud as some other reviewers reported. Definitely an upbeat young place. Roasted beet salad with Maple Vinaigrette and added blackened salmon was soooo good! Pulled pork sandwich and fries were some of the best ever. Great beer selection, good wines too. 2nd visit for us and we will go back when we are in the area. Great!!!!!

Encinitas, CA
“Not sure what's worse, service or food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was just terrible service combined with mediocre food at a rather high price. The ran out of mayo, "couldn't locate"
Ketchup, the flat breads are not flat and taste old. The soup was served after the main dish, waitresses called other waitresses "dumb" in front of guests, and I could go on. It one of those spots that live off of their location and do not care about return business.
This was our second bad visit and we will not return, for sure.