“You will surf...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 Activities in Encinitas
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Maui Surf Academy beginner and first time surfers are our specialty! Whether you've tried it a few times or never at all it's no problem. We can accommodate surfers of any level and personalize classes to suit your learning needs with beginner through advanced training. Our patient and skilled instructors will take you from the sand to the sea and be with you every step of the way.
San Diego, California
“You will surf...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I went along to Swami's beach last weekend with my wife and 15 year old daughter for a lesson with Matt. We had lessons before without ever really getting up on our boards.
Matt's approach was very different to what we had experienced previously and the results were amazing.
After a simple beach lesson we took it in turns to go out in the water with Matt for 3 attempts at surfing. My wife got up on the board and rode in all three times straight off.
My daughter and I were both successful too, although not quite that good.
We had a great time taking further turns until we were worn out and we will be going back for more.
Matt is a great guy and his methods really work; this is where to go to learn to surf.

Visited March 2014

Az
3 attraction reviews
“Great lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I was quite nervous about my first surf lesson, mostly about being in the ocean...coming from AZ all that water made me very uncomfortable. But Matt was great, made me very comfortable, and I actually (with his help of course) caught a few waves! Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
“Super cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just one phonecall with Matt and he arranged an instructor Jay. Me and my daughter for two hours. We had a blast and Matt and Jay were the best.
All the way from hollamd and we had a great time.
Thanks guys.

Berkeley, California
“The Perfect Surf lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Last minute me an my 3 daughters ( twins 10 and youngest 7) decided we wanted to learn to surf. I called Maui talked to Matt and it was scheduled for later that day. Since there was 4 of us he had John helping him and we had the greatest time learning to surf! All of us caught the Perfect Wave and we all want to do it again, but we're leaving tomorrow! Thank you maui Surf Academy! Thank you Matt and John!

Littleton, Colorado
“Rippin' It With Maui Surf Academy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I and our two boys (11 and 13) took two days of group lessons with Matt and his instructors. The first day was so much fun that we decided to do it again the next day! What an excellent adventure! We surfed at Swami's which was not very crowded-a huge bonus. We had 1:2 instructor to participant ratio which was so helpful for all of us. We were all successful in getting up and were able to ride numerous waves. Matt was extremely patient and used his "magic" on all of us! I had recently had several surgeries but was still able to surf successfully. We had surfed in Hawaii before, but this experience really helped us learn to surf. We highly recommend Matt and his skilled staff! You will not be disappointed! It was our best experience of our entire nine day vacation. We plan on coming back for more lessons the next time we visit Encinitas!

Visited August 2013

Been to Maui Surf Academy? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Maui Surf Academy, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.