“Fantastic Day for everyone! We all learned so much!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 Activities in Encinitas
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Maui Surf Academy beginner and first time surfers are our specialty! Whether you've tried it a few times or never at all it's no problem. We can accommodate surfers of any level and personalize classes to suit your learning needs with beginner through advanced training. Our patient and skilled instructors will take you from the sand to the sea and be with you every step of the way.
Truckee, California
“Fantastic Day for everyone! We all learned so much!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband was attending a conference in Carlsbad and we found the Maui Surf Academy online. I was hesitant to book with a company I did not know as I would be surfing for the first time with my children while my husband was attending meetings. Matt accomodated all of us. He provided everything we needed beach side. He and his wife were wonderful with my children. We ALL got up several times - ages 44, 8 and 11. We felt comfortable the entire time and had a perfect afternoon surfing. Thanks Matt and Maui Surf Academy. We would recommend you to anyone.

Visited May 2011

Encinitas, California
“Excellent surfing lesson at Swami's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I booked a beginner surf lesson with the Maui Surf Academy for myself and my niece at Swami's in Encinitas and couldn't have asked for a better time. Matt was an extremely patient and knowledgable instructor. He took the time to teach us the basics and then proceeded to ease us into surfing. The smiles on my niece was priceless. I highly recommend the Maui Surf Academy and Matt Allen to any beginner surfer. You will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2011
Cardiff by the Sea, California, USA
“Awesome experience for my 6 and 8 year-old- boys! Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Maui Sirf Academy had our boys for a week of camp down at Swami's. The boys were so happy to get to camp each day and didn't want to come home afterwards. They have learned so quickly and are loving getting out in the water. Matt and Ryan are knowlegable, laid-back, and very good with the kids. The 3:1 student/instructor ratio was ideal so the boys got tons of time on the board and were standing up in the first hour. Our boys were treated like family from the beginning and were comfortable and confident in the water by the end of the week. The price can not be beat considering how small they kept the camp and how much instruction our boys got.
Thanks MSA!

Visited June 2011
Delaware, Ohio
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Excellent experience, My 6 yr. old was surfing after 10min. in the water! Very affordable compared to other surf schools in the area. The instructors were very knowledgeable and accomodating. 1st day was so exciting, we went back for a second day! Instructors Matt and Cody worked very well with our 10 and 6yr olds. My 12yr. old was standing up and surfing on her 1st try! Wouldn't go anywhere else. Totally worth it!

Visited June 2011

Been to Maui Surf Academy? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Maui Surf Academy, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.