“Amazing find! ” 5 of 5 stars

1904 Leucadia Scenic Court, Encinitas, CA 92024   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
“Amazing find! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August to visit some family. The home is in a very lovely neighborhood on a quiet street. We booked the Nantucket room for 3 nights. It was their biggest room and we even had our own outdoor patio space which was really nice. The linens are amazing and the bathroom had everything we needed including toothbrushes! Everything has a personal touch and was beautiful. Breakfast was out of this world!! We were stuffed until dinner everyday! We were there midweek and there was only one guest other than us. They put together a lovely wine and cheese platter for us to all get to know each other if we wanted. The only thing that could possibly be a downside (we didn't think so) was that all the rooms are next to each other in the same wing of the house. We did feel like we needed to be a little quiet even though I am sure that was just in our heads. We would absolutely stay here again, and recommend it to all our friends and family staying in the area.

Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Altadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I won't claim to any expert, but I know when someone seems genuinely pleased to have you as a guest. I mean guest as in they'd like you to enjoy your stay. I mean guest in the most welcoming sense. While the accommodations were comfortable and arranged with great care and the breakfast was sensational, it was the attentive and welcoming spirit that made out stay one we will remember for a long time. Put it this way, if Liz and Carol ran a B&B in Pacoima, it would probably be worth a visit to spend a few days with them.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

As a native of San Diego, I was looking for a quaint and cozy weekend near the beach and away from the big hotels. We got that and much, much more! Liz made my husband and I feel at home with incredible breakfasts every morning and a glass of wine at sunset on the deck. Terrific accommodations and we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

How lucky for us. We needed a place to stay while visiting family and happened on this wonderful bed & breakfast. So clean. Such fabulous breakfasts and so convenient. We had so much fun with the innkeeper, Liz, and her co-worker, Carol. We met some interesting people during our 5 night stay and can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2013
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Liz and Carol are the lovely, laid back hosts of this quaint inn with a beautiful vista and a charming patio to enjoy it! I was in San Diego on business for the first time and wanted to stay somewhere convenient yet tucked away. What a treat! I literally felt miles away from it all and yet with Liz and Carol's guidance, found my way around completely effortlessly (Whole Foods, Yoga, La Jolla, etc.). My expectations were fully met and I felt like I was staying with friends. I had a perfect balance of privacy and time to chat and the glass of wine waiting for me in the evening was such a nice surprise. Not to mention waking up to Liz's breakfast which is literally a beautiful, delicious feast! I was truly spoiled my entire stay! Highly recommend and have already booked my return trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our 1yr old daughter and we had a wonderful time. Liz & Carol were extremely friendly and made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived. The rooms were in great shape and the breakfast was wonderful. We really can't say too many good things about our stay here.

Room Tip: there is no pool but i don't know how to deselect it.