“Absolutely lovely setting. Absolutely lovely hosts.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kate Stanton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Encinitas
Kate Stanton Inn
1904 Leucadia Scenic Court, Encinitas, CA 92024   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Miami
“Absolutely lovely setting. Absolutely lovely hosts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Liz and Carol are the lovely, laid back hosts of this quaint inn with a beautiful vista and a charming patio to enjoy it! I was in San Diego on business for the first time and wanted to stay somewhere convenient yet tucked away. What a treat! I literally felt miles away from it all and yet with Liz and Carol's guidance, found my way around completely effortlessly (Whole Foods, Yoga, La Jolla, etc.). My expectations were fully met and I felt like I was staying with friends. I had a perfect balance of privacy and time to chat and the glass of wine waiting for me in the evening was such a nice surprise. Not to mention waking up to Liz's breakfast which is literally a beautiful, delicious feast! I was truly spoiled my entire stay! Highly recommend and have already booked my return trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our 1yr old daughter and we had a wonderful time. Liz & Carol were extremely friendly and made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived. The rooms were in great shape and the breakfast was wonderful. We really can't say too many good things about our stay here.

Room Tip: there is no pool but i don't know how to deselect it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just stayed 2 nights at the Kate Stanton Inn with my husband and 11-month old son. To say they were gracious and welcoming is an understatement. From the moment we arrived, Liz felt like an old friend and we were completely at ease in her beautiful home. Traveling with a baby is usually pretty complicated, but this trip was different. Liz cleared out space in her fridge for our baby food and even borrowed a high chair from the neighbor for our son. Speaking of our little boy, he absolutely adored Liz and Carol (and let's not forget Kai the super pup!) We were able to feed him his meals on the patio with the breezes and the lovely view. He just started walking recently and was cruising all over the house with his little feet. He really had a blast and was genuinely sad to leave. The location is great, the home is spacious and relaxing, the breakfast was terrific... I'm sure we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

In the late afternoon on a sunny day in Encinitas (aren't the days all sunny in the San Diego area?) we found ourselves relaxing on the patio at the Kate Stanton Inn enjoying the view of the Pacific Ocean stretching before us to the horizon and, by casting our gaze a bit to the right, the deep blue waters of Batiquitos Lagoon below, all the while sipping wine (or another beverage if you prefer) and tasting the fruit, cheeses and other snacks the innkeeper, Liz Clarke, had spread before us. It was quite a wonderful start to our three-day stay at the Kate Stanton Inn. In fact, our total experience of the Kate Stanton Inn made it one of the most pleasantly memorable of the many B&Bs we've visited. Liz Clarke's connection to the inn goes back over thirty years as she now lives her dream of being an innkeeper. When you meet Liz you understand why she is perfect for this calling and loves it so much. She truly enjoys meeting her guests and serving their needs while allowing them all the space and privacy they desire. In our case, our conversations with her became a special part of our stay that we looked forward to each day. When we stay at a B&B we consider breakfast to be the first item on our agenda for that day, as significant as the other things we have planned for the day. We look forward both to the breakfast the innkeeper serves and the conversations that occur among the guests. On both counts we were more than fulfilled. The guests were interesting and the conversations lively, and the breakfasts Liz, who is a wonderful cook, served were varied, generous and delicious. The inn itself is spotless and the rooms reflect Liz' homage to both her beloved grandmother (Kate Stanton) and her New England roots. We feel we have made a friend in Liz and found the place where we will stay whenever our travels take us to the San Diego area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I spent 5 nights here in July 2012. Liz and Carol made the stay so wonderful for us.
I don't know how to describe how immaculate and relaxing the entire environment was for us.
I didn't realize how much I was able to relax until I returned home. I am missing it already. I feel so much better having spent nearly a week at the Kate Stanton Inn. Can't wait to return, but I hope there will be a space available-Good news travels fast!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here last year and last weeks repeat (June 15, 16, 17 2012) was, if possible, even better than before. Liz & Carol welcome you as family, the facility is spotless and breakfast super. There is no reason to stay elsewhere in the area. Convenient location and a truly relaxing environment. We expect many future visits. An absolute treat.

Room Tip: Stay in the Nantucket Room. Private and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We have never had a better stay away from home in all our travels. Lizzie and Carol became like family - so warm, welcoming, and fun! The house itself was immaculate but relaxed, a combination of a California beach house and a Cape Cod cottage. The room we had (the Nantucket) was open, airy, and with its own backyard terrace. The in-suite bathroom was beautiful and clean. And the breakfasts!!! No words. Fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, french toast, uncured bacon, real oatmeal, croissants.... I could go on and on. Finally, the location was ideal - tucked into a quiet neighborhood but right off Highway 101 with all the restaurants and shops, close to Interstate 5 for fast travel, and 5 min away from the beach. We just left and are going back in 4 weeks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kate Stanton Inn? Share your experiences!