“Lousy Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Surf Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Encinitas
Pacific Surf Inn
You added Pacific Surf Inn to your Saves list
1076 N Highway 101, Encinitas, CA 92024   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Colton, California, United States
“Lousy Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The woman at the front desk had a very hard time comprehending English and would get frustrated raising her voise at ME even though she was the one who had broken English and could not understand what I was asking...her name was Lisa. Upon requesting to speak to a manager or owner was told trhat they are on vacation for a month and you can only complain to this guy Bobby. When starting to talk to him...he did the same. When I asked for who the managers name was (or owner) was told it did not matter, you can talk to me. No matter how politely I simply asked, I would like to complain to them, he refused to give me ANY information. I'm a 49 year old Southern California Native and managed restaurants for years at places like Chilis' and Crocodile Cafe in Pasadena, I've seen some cruel and unusually rude people but these two are unreal.

When you are able to hide phone numbers and owners names to prevent from getting complaints, I'd say you are pretty experienved at not caring about the level of service you provide. I would avoid this place and even go to another town (which I did) as I'd rather pay double than be treated the way these people treaetd us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
4 Thank John S

Honolulu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

My wife wanted EconoLodge but I wanted a non chain place. MISTAKE! The bed was comfy. And the nice Chinese lady at the desk was cheerful and her little dog, Tutu was very cute. And that's it for the good points. Our room, we were told, had just been cleaned by the maid. I want her job since she gets paid to do nothing. Moldy bathroom, a matchbook (from a bail bondsman) on the floor of our no smoking room, layers of dirt, broken appliances, light fixture held up with masking tape and a zip tie, cigarette burns all around, exposed wires from the walls, half of the closet door was missing (I found it on top of the kitchen cabinet along with a 1977 Savoy Brown album and the detached and dead smoke detector), a comically decrepit stove, missing window glass, gaping termite holes in the tiny lanai that overlooked the neighbor's empty toilet bowl collection 5 feet away, an interior door that had obviously been blasted by a punch...I'll stop now but you get the picture. I took a video tour of the ghetto dump for future laughs. On the other hand a chain hotel will be a forgettable experience. We will never forget this trash heap.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank VisitingHawaiian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Portofino Beach Inn
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
4.0 of 5 stars 71 reviews
BEST WESTERN Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach

Been to Pacific Surf Inn? Share your experiences!