“great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Emeryville
st. louis, Mo
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Great breakfast! Great service. Very clean. 10-15 minutes from san fran. Only draw back low flow toliet and shower, but I think it is the whole state of Ca.

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the California Audio Show and we really enjoyed it. The staff at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. The room we had was big, clean with a great view. The price was reasonable. We now have another place to stay when we visit our daughter at Cal Berkeley which is less than 5 miles away.
Highly recommended.

Astoria, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We ended up here after being shocked by the San Francisco hotel prices. Easy acess to BART for the trip into the city. Great to come back to a calmer environment after a full day in the city. The staff was excellent. We were here for 4 nights. The first 2 nights our room was on the east side of the hotel which is close to I 80 and traffic noises. We requested a room on the bay side due to the noise and the desk graciously accomidated our request. Great staff and great beds. Easy access to Oakland, Berkeley and San Fran. Can walk out of the hotel and stroll along the bay. Only negative is no pool if that is important to you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We needed a place for a small meeting and also two sleeping rooms. The guest services manager, Esar, was very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. He was very knowledgeable of his hotel and meeting rooms and helped us select the perfect size room for our meeting, providing us with several excellent choices. We even had to change the dates and times of the meeting several times and he was always happy to accommodate. The hotel is very clean and looks new. Both the sleeping rooms and the Parlor Suite that we reserved for the meeting were immaculate. We will definitely stay here again when we return to the area, thanks to Esar!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
TO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Since hotel prices were at extortion levels in Napa Valley, we decided to get a comfortable hotel at reasonable rates. This was it. About an hour's drive from Napa (we didn't mind driving back and forth). Staying here, we avoided SFO tolls and were able to access the Bay Area easily. If your sole purpose is to see SFO, I wouldn't stay here. We enjoyed the little things provided by the hotel, especially the easy car parking system. Check-in and out was smooth. The free coffee was watery and the cookies were out when we wanted one (but that's ok). Definitely a solid 3*, but service was better than some of the 4*+ I've been to.

The bed was comfy but got woken up a few times during the night by traffic noise. Being so close to the freeway is a blessing and a nuisance. You can hear the traffic noise all night long if the AC isn't on. You can also hear faint noises in the hall as well.

Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

The hotel was very well located. being the new hotel, the rooms were very good having all the morden aminites like internet, LCD TV, tea/ coffee maker, microwave, minibar etc.
The bathrooms were clean & hygenic.
We had a relaxing swim at the hotel swimming pool and there after a sound sleep on a
comfortable bed.
The breakfast was good and properly served.

• Stayed June 2010
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Last winter, I was commuting 1 1/2 - 2 hours each way for work, so I would occasionally stay at a hotel near my office. I always booked my rooms through Priceline, and I usually got the Doubletree at the Berkeley Marina, which has very friendly staff. On one occasion, though, I got the Hilton Garden Inn, which resulted in a disappointing hotel experience.

First, the Hilton charges $5 for parking, which seems a little ridiculous considering they're on the other side of the 80 away from most of Emeryville. When I checked in, the front desk clerk barely acknowledged me. I asked for a room on a higher floor on a quiet side of the building since I'm a light sleeper. However, when I got to my room, I looked out the windows and realized I was facing a rooftop with these big fans and heavy equipment. I dragged my bags back downstairs to speak to the front desk about getting another room. I explained what I needed to the clerk, and he gave me a new room. It was on the same floor as the first one, but I figured it was on a different side of the building, away from the noisy equipment. Nope, it was two doors down. Back down I went with my bags. This time, another clerk told me that Priceline reservations were confined to two lower floors. I asked if I could pay extra to get a room on a higher floor, something I've done before without a problem, although most hotels will upgrade me at no charge. He said "no." I asked for the general manager's contact information and left for my room. A couple days after my stay, I emailed the GM to tell her what had happened, informing her that I had been willing to pay an upgrade fee but had been denied despite the hotel's less-than-full occupancy status. I never received a response.

As for the hotel itself, it's ordinary and could use some updating. The lobby is tiny, and the rooms are dark. If you need to stay at a hotel in the East Bay, I strongly recommend the Doubletree, where the staff won't treat you as an inconvenience and where you'll sometimes get a view of the water instead of rooftop equipment.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!