“Convenient comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Powell Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Emeryville
Seattle, United States
“Convenient comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice rooms with great views; really good dinner and great choices for breakfast; only complaint was that no one checked and there was no paper to print boarding pass in business center at 7am in morning very disappointing

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear JohnP, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do apologize for over looking the paper in the business center. We have adjusted our procedures in house, and have a back up plan to ensure we don't miss stocking up the business center again. We also can help with boarding passes at the front desk for your convenience.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back real soon.

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hilton G.I.'s have been fairly consistent for me, so I went with it. Wish I'd gone elsewhere. This was an average stay, at best. In particular, service was lacking. On check-in, I stood there for 5 minutes before one of the 3 attendants bothered to look up and say "can I help you" (to his credit, the one with the "trainee" nametag looked at me several times, but since his manager was ignoring me, so did he!). Then, in the middle of checking me in, the front desk manager actually took time out to start answering some questions about trivial stuff from another staff member! And they were awful about answering the phone and directing calls (both from within and from outside the hotel). They have all kinds of notes in the room about how they're striving for a "9" or "10" rating on everything... but they're far from it. Finally, trying to get out of the parking lot after checking out was, well "trying"... my parking lot exit card had been deactivated and nobody answered the intercom. Spending 5-10 minutes trying to exit their lot wasn't in my plans. FYI, I noticed that the following hotels are nearby (might be worth checking them out): Hyatt House, Sheraton Four Points, Courtyard by Marriott, and Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear FlyGuy47, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We apologize for falling short to your expectations. I will take your comments and do additional training at the front desk. I would like to discuss this further with you and make things right. Please give me a call directly.

We hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business and make you a loyal guest.

Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Caveat that my trip here did not include anything on the west side of the bridge.

This hotel is very clean, staffed well, and very well located for any trip that includes the east bay area and north. Parking was gratis which is uncommon in SF area. Room was large with updated decor and furniture. Bathroom was very clean and obviously scrubbed well (tile, grout, carpet, etc.). Dinner was good, salad was excellent but burger was average. Beer was ice cold. Breakfast was a good choice of buffet items and priced reasonably well for business hotel.

My only complaint is that the mattress was hard and old, pillows were uncomfortably hard, and the room lighting was poor.

Room Tip: try to stay on the bay side, wonderful views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear frisco_heat, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do have a great team and they work hard at maintaining a clean comfortable hotel. If you stayed in a king bed, the beds are adjustable, but a double bed does not. We also have other choice of pillows available, so next time call the front desk and we would be happy to take a couple up to your room.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back.

Belmont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stay here quite often as we go to the horse races at Golden Gate Fields and stay the night as traffic is really bad once the races is over. We get a good night's rest and head home early morning with no traffic. There is easy access from the hotel to the race track.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear HGI Guest, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I hope you did well at the horse races. We appreciate your business and hope to meet you next time you are here at the property.

Please stop by and say hello.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed 2 nights, the first in a room facing the highway, which was noisy. They supply ear plugs that do not help. As an Honors member, I thought it would be easy to change to the quieter side but the manager at the desk could not confirm it. He did get me moved and was nice about it, however beware that this is the side everyone wants to stay on. The view wasn't that great because I was only on the 6th floor but it was quieter. The $15 parking charge did not surprise me since so many people use this as a San Fran hotel where the parking is $50 per night. The staff were very helpful and nice and my room was very clean and comfy. I have stayed here before to visit my son at CAL - which is very easy since it is right near the highway and it is easy to get to the university. Berkeley has limited hotels so this was helpful to me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear ddd1017, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Our prefered side, is the Bay View side, but it goes quickly and also has a premium rate. But if you book early, you can find good deals on that side.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

A pretty nice hotel. Especially if you need to drive into or through SF the next day. Easy access to the bridge. On site parking a big plus. The bay "views" are not that big a plus though. Nice staff. Good rate, however, book online and not over the phone if you want to save money. I'm talking 25% or so. I felt a little overcharged after finding out. It is clean, and fairly priced. And that is what counts. No real regrets at all.

Room Tip: A "bay" view is better than a parking lot view. Upper floors a plus. Get dinner before arr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear George Q, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. From a fellow New Mexican, I appreciate your comments. Our rates do change depending on business so this is the best way to get the best rate. Next time you are here, please look me up.

Hope to see you soon.

Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was one of the smallest rooms I've stayed in in many years, but, that said, it was very comfortable and filled with convenience and amenities. The only other issue was noise from the nearby freeway which never ended as it is the approach from the East Bay to San Francisco. I did sleep well, but when I was awake I was always aware of the background noise.

The contemporary decor was pleasing to me and I enjoyed the easy chair which had a good reading lamp beside it. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were many pillows. There was also a desk and very comfortable chair if I had needed to do any work. In addition, there was a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker with coffee makings, flat screen TV, 2 phones (bedside and on the desk), clock radio, and many lamps and plugs for charging electronic devices. The bathroom was very nice with good lighting, had all of the usual amenities, and the shower head was one of the best I've encountered in a hotel.

Check-in was quick and pleasant and I used express check out so there was no waiting in the morning. The hotel courtesy van took me to the Amtrak Station.

I did not try the hotel restaurant or bar, but they looked inviting.

For anyone who likes to walk or jog the sidewalk next to the hotel, which goes beside the bay, is great and offers breathtaking views.

Hilton Garden Inn is my favorite hotel brand for comfort, amenities and value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear RDHOnTheGo, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. By your call sign, it sounds like you travel alot and by your detailed response, it is obvious you do. We always appreciate a open and honest assessment of your accommodations.

Thank you and we appreciate your business.

I hope to see you back real soon.

Sal

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!