“GREAT FRONT DESK SERVICE, ROOMS & AMENITIES” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Emeryville
San Felipe. B C
“GREAT FRONT DESK SERVICE, ROOMS & AMENITIES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had our 2nd great stay at Four Points Bay Bridge. . Everyone at this property has a smile and goes out of their way to make certain guests receive great service. When we arrived, we found that our reservation wasn't complete due to unfaxed information. Catherine went ahead and checked us in and told us we could call and have the info faxed. It was taken care of quickly and efficiently. Staff also made two other reservations for us at great rates. We will always make our reservations at the Bay Bridge Four Points when we come to San Francisco. It's easy to find and close to all the places we love to visit. Rooms are quite nice and exceptionally clean. Thanks again Catherine and the other congenial staff at Four Points. Frank & Maureen

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Your kind words are much appreciated! We have shared your feedback with our associates. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My Bf and I planned our New years eve to spend in San Francisco.If you looked around, prices range about $350 and up for a one night stay in the city. I booked this the day of NYE as it was our last resort as everything in SF was too expensive. Our two options were to stay at SF airpport which was 30 minutes from where we were headed (downtown Sf) or Emeryville which was over the bridge and 10 minutes away. Being New Years eve, you dont want to drive too far. I checked into the hotel around 9 P.M, the hotel employee that was working was very friendly considering it to be NYE. I noticed a bar across the room. On our way up to our room, we noticed the elevator needed some upgrading, it was squeaking. We entered the room, we got a king size bed, came with a small sofa chair, writing desk, flat screen tv, however i thought it was weird because the tv wasnt in front of the bed, it was to the left of the bed. There was a marbled sink, and a bathroom that was really small. The decor was okay, kind of basic but nothing too fancy. I thought it was cool how they did have a microwave and refrigerator which came in handy because at most places I have been too, they charge for that. I brought 4 bottles of water, and it was awesome the hotel gave us 2 free water bottles which was also a plus! However, i did find a stain on the bed sheet and some stains on the hand/face towels =( This was a pretty clean room, nothing majorly to complain about. overall, this was a pleasant stay for us. Emeryville was a great place to stay, considering the easy access to SF, short walking distance to dining out, shopping, or great view of the East Bay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eureka ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

On a recent vacation to the SF Bay Area, my wife and I used a travel site to book our room. This site makes you take pot luck for a room, we have had run down shabby rooms in "4 star" hotels. Four Points Bay Bridge gets it right in service, amenities and location. A pleasant professional staff clean comfortable rooms, they could improve the beds a little. (Shakey bed frames for big people) The surrounding area has an outlet mall and a few restaurants,but Berkely is 5 minutes away with world class restaurants. Hotel restaurant is overpriced and sterile,but adequite for quick meals. May stay again if need be.

Room Tip: Bay side has better views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We walked in to a dirty, severely lighted lobby. The front desk staff was just ok but got us checked in. The elevator floor squeaked at every step (scary!) and the lights on the number buttons were burnt out.
The hallway to the room had dirt in the corners and dust on the walls. The hall table had piles of sand (not sure what from?) on it and there was sticky goo and crumbs in the grooves.
The room was not vacuumed well so there were pieces of dirt or leaves or something by the bed. The beds were hard and not comfortable. The channels on the tv were all fuzzy (bad reception?? Not sure how this is possible, now-a-days).
There was a big brown crusty mark on the side of the chair. The room itself was small and very bare with a crooked print hanging on the wall.
Overall a bad stay. I expected much more in that area and for that price. Especially compared to the hotels around it. I'll not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Antioch, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great location, close to the Bay Bridge, San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland. I always appreciate a friendly staff, and I must say they made me feel right at home. One lady was especially kind. Elsie behind the front desk was beyond helpful.

Room Tip: Great location, close to the Bay Bridge, San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland. I always appreciate a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lake Mary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is the worst hotel I've ever stayed. It is dirty and in desperate need of updating. The ceiling in my room literally was half popcorn and have flat with pieces falling down. The coffee in the room is some off brand and taste like dirty water. The bathroom has a toilet in it and bathtub and barely fits a person in it- you have to close the door while standing beside the toilet back by tub- that's how tiny it is. The entrance way is so cramped my suitcase barely fit through the door.
But this morning was the real topper: the power went off in the room this morning while I was using a hairdryer. Since the phone is cordless electricity is needed to make a call to front desk. I had to go downstairs to the front desk and the employee asked, "Were you using a hairdryer?" I said " Yes, is that a crime?" They reset it quickly but then I had to go back up to the room to get my sweater.
As I came down the elevator to head back to the lobby where my group was waiting it would not open and it kept taking me up 7 floors and back down again without stopping. I could not make it stop or get the doors to open on any floor. I pushed the "help" button and it was answered but the guy mumbled something I could not hear. I told him the elevator was not functioning properly but there was no response. He did not say anything such as "help is on the way" or anything. The elevator kept taking me up and then back down for 10 minutes then stopped between floors. I was so scared. Then it restarted and did the same thing for about 5 more minutes. The doors finally opened on the 7th floor where I got out and took the stairs down and exited the back of the building where it was dark and a homeless man was seen sorting through the dumpster. I walked around to the front of the building and the man had no apology or anything- he just said they were closing that elevator down and it would be serviced.
This hotel housed about 75-100 nurses out of the 600 that were in the area for a meeting for one week. The rooms were paid for by our employer and since it was a holiday weekend it could not be changed. Other nurses were assigned to the Hilton and Doubletree which were far nicer and provided all meals that were not just edible but enjoyed. The Sheraton Four Points were supposed to provide 2 meals daily for each nurse but I found the food unedible. On Thanksgiving Day the hotel sent a letter the day before that stated food was not available but we could inquire about restaurants that were open and "were on our own." Of course the Doubletree and the Hilton were providing Thanksgiving spreads for their nurses but since a ticket was provided for each nurse upon check-in, the voucher could not be used at other hotels.
It was a very unpleasant expreience and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. When I am back in the area I will not stay here and will request to stay at the Doubletree. It is a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel services and upkeep, and I’m sorry that your stay was not as comfortable as you would have liked. In addition, all of Starwood’s specialty select brands are proud to carry Royal Cup Coffee, a high-quality sustainable product, and I’m sorry to hear that it was not to your liking. We were delighted to have your group in-house and did in fact provide a Thanksgiving dinner for everyone, I regret if this was not clearly communicated to you. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments.
Carmichael, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Not exactly luxury, but friendly, clean, free parking, and convenient access to San Francisco and Berkley. The rooms are spacious with decent linens...and there can be excellent pricing depending on which day of the week you are trying to book.

The check in process was easy...and I was allowed for an early check in with my 1 pm arrival. I enjoyed the location, as it was a short walk to the Emeryville shopping area with restaurants and shops. I don't know that I would recommend walking at night, but it is perfectly safe during the daytime.. Elephant Bar and PF Changs have great Happy Hours, and are just a 10 minute walk.

Overall, I would recommend this property...it is appropriately and fairly priced, very clean, friendly, and quiet. They have a bar in the lobby (which has been updated), so it's nice to access to a cold beverage...and the location is great (with free parking) and access to BART.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!