“Good for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5 to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Elk Grove
Austin, Texas
“Good for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good location (walking distance from the office but a little further from restaurants and shopping malls on Laguna Blvd. and downtown Sacramento)
Excellent price for what you get
They also have a pool but was to cold to swim
Excellent complimentary breakfast and excellent staff....
The bed and pillows are little too soft on my opinion but overall is a good option to stay in Elk Grove

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kit S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very positive comments about your recent stay with us. I love hearing about my staff and hotel, but we really love hearing how much you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy that our location was very convenient and you were able to see the value in staying at a Hampton Inn & Suites. I’m sorry to hear that our beds & pillows were a little too soft for you; we normally do get a lot of compliments about how our beds are so comfortable. We hope to see you soon as we look forward to providing outstanding customer service every time you visit Elk Grove. We love having you here!

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a very comfortable, clean hotel located in Elk Grove, Sacramento, CA. Rooms are spacious with a fridge and microwave (I had a suite). Free wi-fi and also cable internet in the rooms. Nice breakfast is included in the price and features hot and cold buffet, pancakes, cereals, fruits, boiled eggs, oatmeal, nice assortiment of pastry and cream cheeses, juices, coffee and tea. Complimentary fruits are available during the day and complimentary cookies in the afternoon. Very nice staff.
The hotel is about 20 minutes drive from downtown Sacramento, so you will need a car if staying there (free parking). The location is a bit dull but there is a Starbucks, KFC, Wendy's etc in the near proximity of the hotel. In other words, if you need to be in this area of Sacramento, this is an excellent choice. I gave it four stars because of the location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kit S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I love hearing about my staff and hotel, but we really love hearing how much you enjoyed your stay. Our team here in Elk Grove takes pride in our property and we feel as if we are opening our home to you, your stay begins as soon as you walk in the door. We are pleased you had the opportunity to experience our cleanliness, comfort and convenience offered with a smile and a helping hand. We hope to see you again the next time your travels take you through the Sacramento area because we love having you here!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Arrived and requested for a King Sized Bed, but was told by the staff that the accommodation was impossible and nothing can be done. This is very disappointing as my requests were always honored in the past at this same location. Also, there were signs everywhere promising 100% satisfaction guaranteed. When questioned the staff about the policy, she responded she still can't do anything. I was turned away to a double queens bedroom . However, I was quite distracted that this is the best this staff can do is respond that"I can't do anything ". I then attempted to request for a kings room again. She finally said she could switch my room, but didn't seemed too happy doing it and even stated that she will get in trouble for it. This shows very low professionalism. It was indeed an unpleasant check in , which pretty much ruined the night for my spouse and I when we had a long drive .Also, I booked this room with my debit card and questioned if there would be a hold, the same staff assured us there would be no hold at all, but i checked my bank account , there was indeed a hold. I don't know if it was because of inconsistent staff training or just an isolated incident with this particular staff. I would say the room, environment, and atmosphere is very nice here, but service needs to improve if this hotel stands behind its 100%satisfaction guaranteed policy.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to give us your review. I was very disappointed to hear about your experience and I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Our number one priority is providing a friendly, clean and comfortable environment in which you can get a great night’s rest. After doing some research about your situation, we found that it was a training issue and we have since corrected that issue. No matter what, we did not meet your expectations and we let you down. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. We stand proudly behind our hotel & services and I’m confident that your next stay with us will be incredibly better. Please reach out to me the next time you need a place to stay in the Sacramento area. I would be happy to assist you with a return reservation.
Panama City Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel may be clean and comfortable, but every person in our wedding party had billing issues. They were given wrong information about their billing. Many of us paid cash, but they still charged our credit cards and we were not aware they had done so until many of us returned home or tried to make a large purchase and realize the hotel had charge our accounts.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kit S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
As a General Manager, I love hearing feedback from our guests, good or bad. Thank you for taking the time to write about your less than perfect experience with our hotel. I truly apologize for the billing issues you experienced and promise that I will follow up on what happened with your credit card. My hope is that we resolve everything to your satisfaction and that you can give us another opportunity to earn back your trust in our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff & myself, thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We hope to see you soon because we love having you here! Kit Syn – General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very clean. The bed was comfortable...not too hard and not too soft...just right. The staff are nice too.

Prior to staying at the Hampton Inn, I was staying at the Hyatt Regency. Although the service at the Hyatt was excellent, the bed was extremely uncomfortable. It was as hard as a rock. Their excuse was that a lot of people like a "firm" mattress. So, I guess based upon "a lot of people liking a firm mattress", Hyatt finds it acceptable to make "all" beds firm.

Moving on, I drove to Sacramento for business after being in San Francisco. After my experience with the bed at the Hyatt, I decided to stay else where. I chose the Hampton. I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn prior to now. I was very impressed with the quality of service and the bed. I will be staying at the Hampton from now on.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We love hearing from our valued guests. We agree with you about our beds, they are very comfortable and we get compliments about them every day . In addition to a comfortable bed, we pride ourselves in offering a safe, clean & friendly environment to all our valued guests. On behalf of the entire staff & me, thank you for staying with us and now choosing to stay at Hampton Inn’s in the future. We hope to see you soon because we love having you here! Kit Syn – General Manager
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

First let me state I am pretty jaded about hotels. Rarely will I make recommendations or give reviews that are other than dry facts about the hotel. However this hotel was an exception.

It's not a fancy hotel in a posh location. It's definitely a business/family/travel hotel. However my experiences during my stay reminded me of the finest hotels I have stayed in across the world. I honestly didn't want to leave at the end of my stay.

Stayed here from Jan 4-9 2013. The staff was cheerful, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Even though I was only one guest out of hundreds they made me feel as if I was the only person staying at the hotel.

Room was immaculate and maid service was second to none. Bed was super comfortable and linens were clean and fresh every day. Breakfasts were hot, tasty and well prepared. Overall the hotel was well maintained and it was clear that everyone who worked there took pride in what they were doing.

The staff at this hotel one of the best I have experienced in years of travel. From the front desk to the maids and kitchen staff, every person was friendly, engaged and seemed committed to making my stay as perfect as possible.

As I stated before, I don't usually give glowing reviews. However this hotel and the staff truly provided a world class experience.

Room Tip: Suites here are large and comfortable.
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I know you normally don’t write reviews so we really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write about us. I love hearing about my staff and hotel, but we really love hearing how much you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy that you enjoyed our wonderful hot breakfast buffet and the overall positive “vibe” in the hotel with the staff. On behalf of the entire staff & myself, thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you soon as we look forward to providing outstanding customer service every time you visit Elk Grove. We love having you here! Kit Syn – General Manager
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Bedding and bed were very comfortable. Would highly reccomend. Staff made me feel glad I had arrived. Breakfast was good and plenitful. the lobby was cosy and the business center was open 24 hours. Free internet access was a plus. With three ipads in the room we appreciate that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kit S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. We love hearing from our valued guests. We truly believe that your stay with us starts as soon as you walk in the door! We pride ourselves in welcoming every guest with a warm & friendly smile and offering a safe, clean & friendly environment. On behalf of the entire staff & myself, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. We love having you here! Kit Syn – General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5? Share your experiences!