“Good option in Elk Grove” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sacramento Elk Grove

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sacramento Elk Grove to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sacramento Elk Grove
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8058 Orchard Loop, Elk Grove, CA 95624   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Napa, California
“Good option in Elk Grove”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited friends who live in the area and this hotel was recommended. It was just what we needed. The small indoor pool was just right for young children. Clean and comfortable and a fair price. Only issue was lack of a functioning fan in the bathroom which made for a humid area after showering. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was in Elk Grove for a graduation and long weekend getaway, the rates on this hotel were good and the reviews good so I committed. Some of the reviews I read mentioned that the area was sketchy. It's not the nicest neighborhood and there really aren't many amenities around there but I wasn't worried about walking through the parking lot alone at night (I'm female traveling alone so this is a concern of mine). I wouldn't go on a long walk by myself in the area but I didn't feel unsafe.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful when I checked in. I needed an extra day added and they were very nice about making that work. The room was clean and laid out well, very roomy. The air conditioning in any room is a huge deal, I like my rooms cool, and their air conditioning was great. The mattress on the bed was SUPER comfortable, I honestly don't know if I've stayed at a hotel with a mattress that comfortable.

I was also impressed with how quiet the room was. Walking through the hotel and in the elevator I did see quite a few people (it was completely booked one night) and some of them weren't the quietest people when I saw them in the elevator and breakfast area but I never heard them when I was in my room --- great sound insulation.

Breakfast was nice, continental nothing fancy, but they did have a little more options that many hotels (more than your standard muffins and waffles).

My next trip to Elk Grove I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
N, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have here twice in the last year, just because it was a convienent for a trip we couldn't make in a day. Everything was fine. room comfortable and clean.
We have Marriotts rewards, so get points, but it does not get you a discount if you walk in off the street. We were kind of disgusted at the last stay, because we checked in late in the eve, " a walk in", and the place was not full, but we still were charged the highest price. Sometimes when you are in a 'just get a place to sleep, so we can move on" mode, it is very irritating to pay over $140 for a night with tax, when you know you could have paid around $100.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a generic, no frills hotel buried behind a series of automotive shops and gas stations. It was clean and basic, a "get what you pay for" situation. The walls and ceilings are quite thin, so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Typical free breakfast of processed foods included. If you need an inexpensive stop over, you will be satisfied here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good Fairfield but nothing special. In kind a weird area with gas stations and auto supply business. There is a Texas Roadhouse across the parking lot and a couple of fast food places about a block away. Easy acess to freeway. Very clean and comfortably furnished. Good for a night if passing through the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tracy, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. Bed and pillows were comfy, room was very clean, as so was the bathroom. Loved the breakfast, many many options to pick from. I enjoyed the waffles and juice. Close to Target, that really helped since I had a cold and needed cold pills.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The fairfield was far better than we expected as we had envisaged a very basic budget hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Dont get me wrong its not 5 star but it does what it does very well.
The help yourself breakfast was great and plentiful and the staff very obliging.
Only slight issue was the train noise through the night but not a major probelm

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!