“Now called River City Pizza? Not very good” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 226 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: American
Sacramento, California
“Now called River City Pizza? Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went here using a Groupon. But I do not think it was worth it even at 50% off. I ordered an extra large and a personal size pizza. I asked for both of them to be thin crust. When I got home with the pizzas I was surprised to find both did not seem anything close to being thin crust. When I called them thinking they just got my order wrong, the manager explained they do not actually have a real thin crust option. They take their pre-made crusts, cut off some, and try to roll it out thinner! But the result is a pizza that is no where close to a real thin crust pizza. The manager did not apologize, offer a refund or replacement, just this poor explanation. These pizzas were worse than a number of frozen pizzas I have had in the past.

To be fair, its possible the new ownership will improve over time. If so, and someone else has a better experience, I am open to hearing about it and may give them another chance.

• Visited November 2012